Deception: Why Just 11 Episodes?

Deception TV show on NBCWhen NBC gave the go-ahead for Deception, the network ordered 13 episodes of the TV series. There are now just 11 installments. What happened?

At the TCA Winter Press Tour, Deception executive producer Gail Berman told The Futon Critic, “It was cut back to 11 because [NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt] did what I thought was an incredibly ingenious move: they put it on so [it] would have no interruptions. So it’s 11 in a row. They couldn’t fit 13 in a row.”

Deception begins when a wealthy party girl is mysteriously murdered. Her childhood friend, now a San Francisco narcotics detective (Meagan Good), is convinced by her former partner (Laz Alonso) to go undercover into the wealthy world she thought she’d left behind. The cast also includes Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck.

What do you think? Do you agree with NBC’s strategy? Do you think Deception will stick around long enough to see all 11 episodes air?

UPDATE: NBC has canceled Deception after one season.

Anonymous April 12, 2013 at 11:39 am

I think NBC has a great series on their hands and should not let it go. Deception kept me coming back week after week. It was such a good series that I watched the season all over again On Demand!!! There are millionse of fans out here hoping for more great TV from NBC with Deception. We can handle it!!!

Veronica Wells April 7, 2013 at 10:54 am

You absolutely must bring back Deception – I can’t wait to see what the next episode will bring – just love this show!!!

Veronie Holloway April 2, 2013 at 11:32 am

I felt empty when Deception did not air last week. Although I like and previously followed the new show, I wanted to know the end of Deception!!! Bring it back another season with the end of this plot and start a new plot.

Zoe March 31, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Come on you can’t do that to viewers!! Atleast round up the show with one or two more episodes!!!

Anonymous March 27, 2013 at 3:35 pm

i hope u guys r not cancelling the show. deceptions keep ur interset so please put it back on

D. Butler March 26, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I love this show. Just when you think you know everything about the story and characters, another twist is thrown at you. I love Meagan Good, and her and Julian make a cute couple. Please keep this show around so we can see all the stories unfold.

juanita March 26, 2013 at 2:03 pm

don’t cancel deception it’s time we had some good night time drama on that doesn’t have the same old predictable plot

Marti March 26, 2013 at 11:23 am

At least finish the show. It stopped right in the middle.

cheryl phelps March 26, 2013 at 8:54 am

Yeah NBC is Crazy! Dumb move. I was looking for the episode last night and wasn’t very happy! But then I’m never happy with NBC. I don’t know why I watch that channel at all.
Oh, and you wont post this. I know. I’ve left you “ways to improve” before and you make sure it doesn’t get posted. Lets see your magic act again.

Dalia March 26, 2013 at 12:25 am

I thought it was me. I kept looking for the twelth episode. Come on NBC this is no way to treat your viewers! Put it back on!

Lisa March 25, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Please please do not cancel. I love this show as well as revenge. There are not many shows on tv that I enjoy but these two are my favorites and I never miss an episode.

joe wieczezak March 25, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I really want to know who murdered her I really want them to finish the storyline and let us know who really did the murder, it is a pretty good series and I look forward to watching it again.

Patricia March 25, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Is NBC crazy. Are they really going to not show what happened in this show!!!!!!!! If they pull this craziness, people should cross NBC off their list of stations to watch!!!!!

REALLY, END WITHOUT A RESOLUTION!!!!

Leone March 25, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Pleeeese do another season I want to know what happened next

A Fan March 25, 2013 at 12:57 am

I love this show please allow another season.