Moonlight: Update on Possible Series Move to CW

MoonlightAfter CBS cancelled the supernatural drama, some hope emerged that Moonlight might continue on another network. Media Rights Capital (MRC) has purchased CW’s Sunday night airtime and they were offered the show to help them fill it. It was only a chance but it was enough to stall the destruction of the Moonlight sets and frankly, it was better than nothing.

Unfortunately, MRC is committed to producing its own original programming. They aren’t interested in taking on any cast-offs from other networks – even if one comes with legions of fans. Will MRC’s new shows be able to match the ratings of Moonlight on CBS? Highly doubtable, especially considering CW’s track night with Sunday nights.

There’s still glimmer of hope that MRC could pick up the show for mid-season but it’s a very, very remote possibility. Moonlight’s cause isn’t helped by the fact that the show doesn’t come cheap, a factor that played a part in CBS’s decision to drop it.

So, what’s left for Moonlight fans? A Jericho-like campaign? CBS’ disappointing experience with that show has made the network gun-shy of listening to supporters of other cult shows. Of Moonlight fans’ campaigns to save their show, CBS President Nina Tassler said, “It was a factor, obviously… It was a passionate fanbase, and that’s not a bad thing. It’s just hard to translate that into numbers.”

Though his show may have been cancelled, Moonlight star Alex O’Loughlin may not be done with the network. CBS still holds an option on the actor’s services and he’s apparently in demand. That may present a catch-22 for fans. Though fans may be happy for O’Loughlin to land other jobs, there’s a chance that, if Moonlight is finally saved, one of the show’s stars may not be available to do it. We’ll keep you posted so stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Christina June 20, 2010 at 7:18 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK MOON LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S A GREAT SHOW, WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO BRING IT BACK??????????????

Kat June 20, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I love this show!!!!!!!!! I wanted to catch up to the show and ended up watching the whole 1st season. Please bring this show back, great actors, great stories, great everything!!!!!!

Diana June 15, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Please bring back Moonlight!!! I love this show….. I watched all the episodes and i can’t wait to see what happens between Mick and Beth.

Deb May 4, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Bring back Moonlight!!!! All the vampire movies out there are high school kids. It was nice to have one that focused on adults. Not that I don’t watch the high schoolers, I do but, this was refreshing. I really wanted to see a season two!

:) April 29, 2010 at 9:09 am

Bring Moonlight Back it was such an amazing show and all its fans would follow it and keep watching!! i absolutely loved it its not fair for it to be cancelled especially half way through :/ Bring it Backkkk

mel January 5, 2010 at 6:50 pm

bring back moonlight

mark January 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm

to bring back moonlight would be a very wise decision. with all the vampire hype going on now from twilight and true blood. it would be another cash cow. to bad the show was released ahead of it’s time.

xandy December 16, 2009 at 7:37 am

hi!!!!!pls do bring back season 2 of moonlight we love it here in the phil..thnx..looking forward…beth and mick

rosalie December 1, 2009 at 4:45 pm

please tell me about any updates from the tv show moonlight “email me “

xandy December 16, 2009 at 7:38 am

hi rosalie me too!!its been a year still no news about season 2 of moonlight

mike November 2, 2009 at 11:24 am

i have just watched all 16 eps of season one, while raped up in bed with flue, i can not belive this show was cancelled. i have been griped for the last 20hrs. please bring it back.

uk

susan October 8, 2009 at 4:12 am

I’m annoyed that they’ve taken ratings over the growing fan base, they must be aware that in order for any programme to gather a following it has to given more than one season!!!

gabby May 5, 2009 at 4:15 pm

OMG i cannot believe they cancelled moonlight this was the year of the vampire and cbs really screwed up !!!!! SAVE MOONLIGHT look at all the hits worldwide ! check out youtube and see all the videos trying to save it or even the number of viewers.

UPSET FAN

Dana April 25, 2009 at 8:08 pm

This is just wacked. at the very least couldn’t they just make a last episode where they tie the loose ends? Or even a short movie, or a marathon of final episodes. I’d be satisfied with that. But just dropping it? That’s awful. I bet even the actors are disappointed. =[ I watched the entire first…well only season all today and it feels like a crime to end it where it’s at.. I’m really let down.

Fiona April 25, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Oh that’s just pathetic!!!! I love Moonlight more than ANY other series in the world. I’m from Germany and there are so many people who love Moonlight!!! It’s so wonderful!! :) I just can’t understand why they don’t want to produce season 2!!!! :( It’s just unbelievable!!!
:(:(
Or is there anything I missed out so they want to do another Season? If anybody would like to tell me I’d be really pleased :)
The very desperate
Fiona =(

Sarah April 12, 2009 at 2:06 am

I’m from Australia where Moonlight was cancelled half way through season one, which is strange seeing as it’s AWESOME and Alex O’loughlin is an Aussie! I LOVE the show and would absolutely be willing to move across the planet to view it… or at least buy the DVD! I REALLY hope there is a season 2… MOONLIGHT ROCKS!!!