Two and a Half Men: Will It Be Cancelled Because of Angus T. Jones?

Two and a Half Men to be cancelled?Two and a Half Men may be one of CBS’s top-rated shows but it may be cancelled anyway this year. Two years after Charlie Sheen’s public meltdown, Angus T. Jones is now begging people to stop watching the show.

In a religious testimonial in support of Forerunner Chronicles, Jones says, “If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men. I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and please stop filling your head with filth.”

He goes on to say, “I don’t want to contribute to the enemy’s plan… People can say, ‘I can be a Christian and be on Two and a Half Men.‘ You can not. You can’t be a God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can’t. I’m not okay with what I’m learning, with what the Bible says and being on that television show.”

Jones reportedly makes about $350,000 per episode. There’s been no comment yet from Warner Bros., CBS or executive producer Chuck Lorre.

What do you think? Will this be the last straw for CBS and the studio? Can you watch the show and ignore all of the behind-the-scenes drama?

bill February 2, 2013 at 11:29 pm

get rid of it ! Charlie isn’t on it and it stinks now

Miranda December 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I think he’ll be canelled out of two and a half men

lee December 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Well, you played a dummy on tv. So now you are acting like one. I don’t say that because of your new found “path” but for spreading it to others like you “KNOW”. I don’t know of anybody who is forced to watch anything. Many of the “pure”are hung up on sex but would steal their grandma’s gold teeth. CHECK OUT THE RELIGOUS THIEVES ON TV who always find an occasion to repent in thier Bentleys. Does that scenario sound familiar, Angus. You can be a true example of “your new truth” by returning – ALL- of the filthy money and your earnings from investment of said money to us weak minded souls who changed our whole morality because of you. By the way what do you know about the hundreds of people who submitted their stories and had them chosen to represent the “WORD OF GOD” in the Bible? What do you know about the selection committee? Dear Jesus, or any other religous icon, please protect me from your fanatic followers. I like to watch their walk not hear their talk. Thanks Angus for standing up for What you think is “right”. I’ll be watching for my check, so please do the right thing. I promise to use the money to rid my weak soul of the pollution from your show. One of your most faithful followers who hangs on your every word.

Georges December 2, 2012 at 8:27 am

A prime example that demonstrates how religion poisons everything. To religious people: does his reasoning sound stupid? That’s because it is. Someone made him feel guilty and injected him with fear; we are now witnessing his mental imprisonment. Don’t be slaves to religion or faith.

Anonymous January 25, 2013 at 4:37 am

I prayed for my brother to live and that god please don’t take my brother away. A second later he awoke after being electrified by a power line. That is hard stuff for a seven year old to take in. If you don’t believe in god fine. But don’t hate people that do.

Tim December 2, 2012 at 7:42 am

haha wow some ppl. is the show great I think so and his Christian ways haha and he wants to say the show is filth. its not real life but his new found religion is here’s a fact about that when that religion was created they Killed people if they didn’t believe in it. now tell me what is worse a made up show that is FAKE or real life killings of ppl because they didn’t want to believe in Christianity?

Anonymous November 28, 2012 at 6:48 pm

His reasons to not watch are not good enough, stop watching because it sucks.

Dive Master B November 28, 2012 at 8:46 am

Replace him and let the show go on. I see Candy is coming back. Good idea.

Jason November 27, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I do not watch the show but what a bunch of crap.

-Jason

Michael T. November 27, 2012 at 11:45 am

it is about time someone made a stand against trash like Two and a half men. just because there is a large number of people who like the show does not men that it makes it right. the show is so foul and sexually immoral. When sheen left it was time to fold up shop. maybe this was his resignation. maybe he had been trying to get out of his contract and they wouldn’t let him. So now he has made his stand public. americans have always aloudanything and everything to be shown on tv just because the majority like it. what if the majority of things on tv are immoral . what happen to family television? It has almost disappeared because of show like Two in half men setting a standard in television that should not have be aloud to be in the first place. how creative is it to watch a couple of guys sit around and sexually demean women all the time and then watch them try to sleep with everything under the sun. It just so happens that Angus Jones is the one who has decided that enough is enough.

Chuck Lewis November 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

A gay Christian is akin to being a sober drunk. It’s always instructive to hear someone profess to be a Christian…then launch into a tirade against the Christian beliefs of another.
As for the show…PLEASE…I don’t want to see Alan running around in his underwear ever again.
The show has run its course. Time to wrap it up. Bring back Charlie for an hour finale. He’s being held by Rose in an English dungeon. His escape/release would be a good way to end the series.

Mikael November 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

He is not really a part of the show lately anyway.
So I will not miss him when he leaves.

marios November 27, 2012 at 3:34 am

maybe he should stop accepting the 350k every episode and give it to charity or whatever he said has no meaning

joe November 27, 2012 at 6:10 am

he already donates over half of his salary to charaties already ;)

Jeremy November 27, 2012 at 12:25 am

Two and a Half Men is a TELEVISION SITCOM! It’s not the work of the devil, it’s not a sin, it’s not anti-Christian to like, watch or work on. I’m a GAY man and I am Christian. Being gay doesn’t make me any less Christian, nor does my liking of Two & a Half Men. Is the show raunchy at times? Yes, it certainly is, but I’m smart enough to separate the fictional world with ACTORS from reality. Angus is where he is today because of Two & a Half Men. To be one of three stars on a sitcom and tell viewers NOT to watch it b/c it’s filth is just downright ignorant. That’s like working for Walmart and saying “this place sucks, shop at Target”. If he hates it so much, he can walk away and breach his contract, that way he won’t be paid with “filthy” money and he can use the other money he’s earned from the show over the last 10 years to pay Warner Bros & CBS back when they sue him for breaching his contract…which if he’s so devoted to his new-found religion, he won’t mind giving to them b/c he earned it all from that “filthy” show. This extreme religion crap is one of the big things (like extreme wing politics) that is holding society back! They made the show a continued success without Charlie and they can certainly do it without Angus.

Fred Winnibago November 29, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Jeremy, why must you bring your sexuality into this?

David December 2, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I believe he was responding to an earlier comment in which Chuck Lewis said “A gay Christian is akin to being a sober drunk.”

lela November 26, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Why are some of you bashing him? He found something more important to believe in. Just because he’s leaving, it doesn’t mean the end of the show.

V November 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Good for him – I am so glad to see more people sticking up for what they believe.

KarenSmith December 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I agree with Angus. I have watched the program and even laughed but the show is not appropriate for children. Angus was a child when he started on the program. He
shouldn’t have been allowed to hear the R rated humor on this program. I’m surprised that he turned out to be a christian. I am bot.hered by the anti christian comments on this site. I am hearing that people do not have respect for christians or the Lord. Doesn’t anyone believe in God or have any morals?. I am ashamed that I watched the program,
but I don’t have any children who watch it. Do you? Would you let your child star in this program? You probably would. Turn the TV off and take your child to church.