Mark Grayson’s work is far from done. Amazon Prime Video has renewed the animated Invincible series for second and third seasons. The first season of eight episodes wraps tonight.
The Invincible TV show is based on the Skybound/Image comic book of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Cory Walker, and Ryan Ottley. The voice cast includes Steven Yuen, J.K. Simmons, Sandra Oh, Seth Rogen, Gillian Jacobs, Andrew Rannells, Zazie Beetz, Mark Hamill, Walton Goggins, Jason Mantzoukas, Zachary Quinto, Mahershala Ali, Melise, Kevin Michael Richardson, Grey Griffin, Khary Payton, Mahershala Ali, Clancy Brown, Nicole Byer, Jeffrey Donovan, Jonathan Groff, Jon Hamm, Djimon Hounsou, and Ezra Miller. In the story, Mark Grayson (Yeun) is a regular guy whose father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man (Simmons). As Mark develops powers of his own just ahead of his 17th birthday, he enters into his father’s tutelage and discovers that his dad’s legacy may not be as heroic as it seems.
Here’s the double season renewal announcement:
AMAZON STUDIOS RENEWS ROBERT KIRKMAN’S “INVINCIBLE” FOR TWO MORE SEASONS
The Thrilling Conclusion to the Critically Acclaimed First Season Will Arrive on Prime Video in Over 240 Countries and Territories April 30
CULVER CITY, Calif. ¬- April 29, 2021 – In advance of its highly anticipated April 30 Season 1 finale, Amazon Studios today announced it has renewed Robert Kirkman’s (The Walking Dead) hour-long, adult animated series Invincible for a second and third season. Season 2 and Season 3 will exclusively stream on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
“I’m extremely thankful to Amazon for the support and dedication they’ve put behind Invincible,” said Kirkman. “The comic book is truly a love letter to a genre that Cory (Walker) and I grew up reading and loving, and it’s been a gratifying journey to watch our characters come to life again through the animated series. We’re beyond excited to continue this story for at least two more seasons.”
“Invincible is a crowning example of how a fresh and edgy approach to the superhero genre can resonate with audiences around the globe and we’re so glad that Invincible, one of our earliest investments in the adult animation genre, has accomplished just that,” said Vernon Sanders, Co-Head of Television at Amazon Studios. “Robert’s no-holds-barred storytelling coupled with a first-class voice cast delivered on fans’ wildest expectations and we’re thrilled to be giving them more Invincible.”
From The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, and based on the Skybound/Image comic of the same name by Kirkman, Cory Walker, and Ryan Ottley, Invincible is an hour-long, adult animated superhero show that revolves around 17-year-old Mark Grayson (Steven Yeun), who’s just like every other guy his age – except that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man (J.K. Simmons). But as Mark develops powers of his own, he discovers that his father’s legacy may not be as heroic as it seems.
Invincible stars Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Seth Rogen (This is the End), Gillian Jacobs (Community), Andrew Rannells (Black Monday, Girls), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2), Mark Hamill (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Walton Goggins (Justified), Jason Mantzoukas (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Zachary Quinto (Star Trek), Mahershala Ali (Moonlight), Melise (The Flash), Kevin Michael Richardson (The Simpsons), Grey Griffin (Avengers Assemble), Khary Payton (The Walking Dead) and more.
Invincible is produced by Skybound and executive produced by Kirkman, Simon Racioppa, David Alpert (The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead), Catherine Winder (The Angry Birds Movie, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) with Supervising Director Jeff Allen (Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man), and Linda Lamontagne serving as casting director. Invincible, Kirkman’s second-longest comic book series, concluded in February 2018 after a 15-year run.
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports – all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
About Prime Video
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy hits like Coming 2 America, The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Sylvie’s Love, Upload, and My Spy, as well as Emmy and Golden Globe winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe winner Small Axe, Academy Award winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe winner and Academy Award nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award nominees Time and One Night in Miami… Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like CBS All Access, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME – no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
What do you think? Have you enjoyed the Invincible TV series? Are you glad to hear that it’s been renewed for a second and a third season on Amazon Prime Video?
Spectacular adult cartoon with a great storyline. Right online with Avengers concept and story with potential to grow. So glad it’s been renewed.