Hellcats: The CW Orders Six Additional Scripts

HellcatsThere’s some positive news for The CW’s new drama, Hellcats.

The network execs initially ordered 13 episodes of the new drama and now they’ve asked producers to write six additional scripts. This doesn’t mean that the scripts will actually be produced and filmed but it’s a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, Hellcats’ ratings could be going in a better direction. The show debuted to a 1.2 in the 18-49 demographic and 3.02 million total viewers. The numbers have been sliding down since then. Episode three attracted a 1.0 in the demo and 2.3 million viewers.

The 18-34 demo, which is the network’s target audience, has slid from a 2.1 to a 1.7 rating.

What do you think? Are you watching Hellcats? Do you think it’ll survive to see season two?

Brooke July 18, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I couldn’t agree with more the last episode left me wanting more and then I found out I am not going to get anymore? I don’t see how they could leave it like it is Marti just speaking to her father for the first time in years! and she just got together with the professor? I mean nothing can top this show it keeps me on edge, wanting more, & most of all I LOVED IT!

ara May 7, 2011 at 2:04 am

We <3 this show!!! Hope they keep it going!

Ashley December 11, 2010 at 7:13 pm

They need to keep it on!! I love this show!

Katrina December 9, 2010 at 10:45 am

Love this show, hope they keep it!

levern November 5, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I think it will survive it’s a great show

kels October 24, 2010 at 9:59 am

i”m in the target audience and i’m also a cheerleader, i love this show so much I’ve been hooked since the first episode, there doing an awesome job and it would be a shame if they didn’t do a second season. the plot is really good and easy to follow which makes it nice and its unique in the fact that its cheerleading its very rare to find any T.V. show that the main focus is cheer.KEEP IT GOING!!

diana October 20, 2010 at 6:14 am

Hellcats is a GREAT show! We watch it every week – our entire family never misses it! All my daughters friends come over and we watch it together. KEEP IT ON THE AIR!

MJ October 2, 2010 at 1:41 am

First just let me say, THE CW makes great teen shows, that’s for sure, i dunno why their ratings isn’t as good as the big 4′s but they should be.

I just turned 18 3 days ago and let me say i love love love loooooooooove the show, it’s so much fun to watch, it’s just like Glee! new and modern, about something that’s never been done before which makes it cool… the story lines aren’t too heavy, and it doesn’t make u work ur brain off to keep up, it’s so light and easy and all the cast are cute…so i say: bring it on, and give us some new eps and never stop at one season coz that would be a shame ^^.

Heather September 30, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I love it! I didn’t catch it until episode 3, but now I’m hooked.

Samara September 27, 2010 at 6:26 pm

I think “Hellcats” is a great new show! All the other networks are busy trying out new shows about the same old things (i.e. lawyers, police, etc.)! This is the only show, other than “Supernatural”, that gets me to watch CW! It would be a shame to lose it! It’s fun, quirky, intellectual, and highly entertaining! I watch it, I recommend watching it, and I am in their target demographic!