Vegas: CBS Trims Episode Order, Will There Be More?

While CBS has increased their order for episodes of Elementary, the network has decided to cut the episode order for Vegas from 22 to 21 installments.

Starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, Vegas debuted to a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.85 million viewers. Considering the star power and promotion behind the series, that was a disappointment. For the next two weeks, the numbers seemed to stabilize at a 2.0 demo rating and roughly 12 million viewers.

On October 23rd, CBS ordered a full season of episodes for both Vegas and Elementary. That night, Vegas dropped 20%, to a 1.6 rating. The next week popped up to a 1.7 and this week’s went back down, to a 1.6 rating.

While the ratings have not been very good, CBS is apparently planning on sticking with Vegas for the rest of the season. If the numbers fall any further, it’ll be interesting to see if they cut any more episodes.

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think the ratings will come back up?

Diane Koopmann October 10, 2013 at 12:24 am

Vegas should stay. It is a good show. I do not understand why Survivor is still on. Cancel it and bring back CSI Miami! I liked that show.

Laura Mayo May 28, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Several of us join in each week to view Vegas. We all enjoy this show and would like very much for it to continue. There are very few shows that fit into out viewing pleasure . Vegas is one of the top picks. Please continue to produce this series.

Aidan May 18, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Is episode 21 the final episode??? WTF … how can you just cancel a series like that???

Carol May 17, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Get Real:
Hopefully another network will pick up this series. Ending the show the way you did, leaving the viewer hanging is crap.

Larry and Ramona Alexander May 11, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Good grief, What do you mean cancelled??????????
Why? You haven’t even given it a chance. You interrupted it for weeks
with Golden Boy then you put it on Friday night for 2 weeks and then cancelled. It is GREAT!!!!!!!!!! It is so well written and so many good characters. We love it!!!!!!!!!!
But, YOU made it so HARD to KEEP up with it…………… trying to watch it!!!
Please give it a another chance and don’t interrupt it this time. We love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLease>>>>>>>>>>>>>Please>>>>.
Larry and Ramona Alexander

brianvandorp25 May 2, 2013 at 9:39 pm

You can’t cancel this show! Its got everything!

bill April 28, 2013 at 8:49 am

love it, it’s the first show i watch off of tevo

Pamela April 28, 2013 at 1:01 am

I love Vegas! I stopped watching it, because the time changed and I didn’t realize it!!! Happy I found it again!

ernie draper April 6, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Love watching Vegas i was starved for gangster shows since the sopranos broke up vegas is very popular in ireland

Cindy B March 27, 2013 at 1:08 am

Please do not cancel Vegas, my husband and I just love watching the Tuesday night line up: NCIS, NCIS L.A. and Vegas. By the way you can take Golden Boy off the air any time you want to. Please bring back Vegas.

Jo March 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Fabulous show and excellent choice of actors/actresses for the characters. Sure hope there is another season.

Al & Patti March 26, 2013 at 8:07 pm

My husband and I love this show please continue it.

peg bodo March 22, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Love Vegas and all who are in it. Please CBS, bring it back as it is one of the best, in my opinion.

tracy March 20, 2013 at 6:45 pm

my husband and I luv vegas. we have been wondering when it will be back on again.ne of the best new shows this season. don’t cancel it.

Bill March 20, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Terrific show! Bring it back soon.