Franklin & Bash: Cancel or Renew for Season Four?

Franklin and Bash: cancel or season fourTonight marks the end of the road for Franklin & Bash on TNT — at least for the moment. The legal dramedy hasn’t been renewed for a fourth season yet. Should it be brought back or, should the cable channel cancel it instead?

Franklin & Bash follows two streetwise attorneys (Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar) who’ve been hired by the eccentric managing partner (Malcolm McDowell) of a prestigious law firm to help breathe new life into the struggling company. Others in the cast include Dana Davis, Kumail Nanjiani, Reed Diamond, and Heather Locklear.

Season three of the show kicked off in June and the two-hour episode drew just 1.97 million viewers — a series low. Viewership improved as the weeks wore on but Franklin & Bash is still down significantly year-to-year.

It’s currently averaging 2.11 million viewers, a decline of 27% when compared to last year (2.88 million). What’s more, of the cable channel’s summer dramas, Franklin & Bash is easily the lowest-rated. Rizzoli & Isles (5.66 million), Major Crimes (4.87), Falling Skies (3.53) Perception (3.49), and King & Maxwell (3.11) all pull in much better numbers.

Based on the ratings, it seems very likely that TNT will cancel Franklin & Bash after tonight’s installment.

If the ratings are any indication, perhaps many viewers have lost interest? Clearly the addition of Heather Locklear to the cast didn’t draw many (or any) new viewers to the show.

But, what do you think? Is it time for Franklin & Bash to go? Is the show still worth watching? Should TNT cancel or renew the series for a fourth season?

92 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Daryl says

I really like this show.
    I thought this was a very strange season. Indeed Heather didn’t do much either.
    I hope they get renewed and get another “eyecandy”.

2. Ryan Gilbert says

Love this show, but season 3 was changed to much for me, Carmen and Pindar having little to no screen time is annoying, they were a major characters in the first 2 seasons. Also changed Stanton. And Hannah being gone now.

3. Matt says

I love the show even with Locklear just because of the guys, McDowell, and Pindar and the support crew. It’s a great show. However, it was definitely better before and I knew as soon as I saw they ditched Garcelle for Heather, it wouldn’t have the effect they were hoping for. She’s like a show-killer these days. For some reason, casting directors don’t seem to understand that. They would have been far better off keeping the same formula and letting the show continue to improve and spread on its own than to force a change like that for shock value. I’ll definitely miss it.

4. Kat says

Well, I know what the vote would be in my household. Here’s how our TNT viewing stacks up by show:

Rizzoli & Isles (5.66 million) – Dad
    Major Crimes (4.87) – Mom and Dad
    Falling Skies (3.53) – Dad and I
    Perception (3.49) – Dad
    King & Maxwell (3.11) – Mom and Dad
    Franklin & Bash (2.11) – None of Us

Sad to say, but Franklin & Bash is the most expendable.

5. Don says

Keep the show, but lose Heather Locklear. Her character is awful, her performance in the role is sub-par and her obvious plastic surgery is distracting. Rather than add viewers, her addition has actually cost the show viewers. I know two people who quit watching because of her character.

6. Rukia says

I love this show and want TNT to renew Franklin & Bash for a 4th Season and also get rid of Heather Locklear.

7. SuPeRfAn says

This is the first show for Mark Paul Gossalar that has lasted beyond one season since Saved by the Bell. Meyer and Gossalar have great chemistry and it shows on screen. If TNT had one show that needed to stay on it should be Franklin & Bash. I’m roting for you guys.

8. AD says

It’s a good summer show. I hope it gets renewed. The addition of Heather Locklear is terrific! Can’t believe it’s rated below Major Crimes; that show did not impress me at all.

9. tvlandx says

They changed the show too much. Not enough Pindar, moved the house, and Heather Locklear is dreadful. Was one of my favorite summer shows but I tailed off this season.