Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Janire M. November 26, 2014 at 10:47 pm

The show is great.! Josh is good at his acting. Wishing that they’ll renew the second season. This time, I’m sure that it will be a great hit since everyone is talking about it the social networking sites. Thanks to the online streams. Hoping for the best! :) :) :) Josh is <3

Jewels November 24, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I loved the show

Anushka November 24, 2014 at 10:38 am

Hope they bring it back a second season.. Loved the first season… No idea why it didn’t have enough viewers :/

Anonymous November 22, 2014 at 12:08 pm

It was souch a good show. They need to bring it back

Gloria Farwell November 22, 2014 at 12:20 am

We all loved the show, Intelligence. Please consider bringing it ack.

Betsy November 20, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I really liked this show and was disappointed to see it go. I think the reasons it didn’t get the ratings necessary to continue into the next series was actually a lack of publicity. I didn’t find this show until well after March 31.

Pat November 24, 2014 at 11:46 am

I was very disappointed the show was cancelled. Like two other shows I enjoyed The Glades and Longmier what is wrong with the networks do they just enjoy leaving us hanging. You could at least show a decent ending

MIke November 19, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I really like this Tv Series, Why did the cancel the Series ??? really sad to hear that :(

Christy November 18, 2014 at 9:12 pm

My whole family like the show. When we didn’t get to watch it at its time slot we recorded it so we wouldn’t miss a episode. The show was entertaining keeping you wanting to see what was going to happen next. I wish it was not canceled.

marielos argueta November 18, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I believe the problem with Intelligence was that we were watching more of the same. The woman having bad relation with her father and there was no a real emotion on chapters. The acting was good but the writers had nothing new to offer and it became boring.

Dilska November 18, 2014 at 2:57 pm

It had Josh Holloway. I’ve missed him. Intelligence was entertaining, I liked the characters. And did I mention it had JOSH HOLLOWAY?! ;-)

Robin November 19, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I agree! I miss Josh Holloway so much. I admit that he is the reason I first started watching Intelligence. However, I kept watching because of the great cast and we FINALLY had a different show. The great, different shows are so few and far between. CBS never gives great shows the chance they deserve. I’m sick of most of T.V. being the same junk. How many CSI’s do we need really? The only good one IMHO I’d SVU. There are all of these stupid so-called reality shows. Nothing will ever come close to Survivor. I’ve been watching Survivor since my triplets were brought home from the hospital. They have been watching it with me for years now. We have what we call ‘Survivor night.’ There are a few other good shows. Hawaii Five 0, Blue Bloods, The Good Wife. Unfortunately, Parenthood is going away. My daughter and I love that show. It is different and great. Thank goodness for HBO for providing Newsroom. Now there is an awesome show. The acting and writing is superb. I’m glad that Chicago Fire was given another chance. I had heard that it was going to be cut. Someone listened to the viewers for once and kept that on. Intelligence was never given a chance. I thought that it’s original time slot was perfect. I was afraid viewers would be lost when the show was moved. That’s what happened too. It was great seeing Josh Holloway in a different role, still with a touch of that attitude he had in Lost. Does anyone from CBS even read these comments? How do they even know how many people are watching a show? No one has ever called me to ask if I was watching it. Some bean counter made a huge mistake. I’m not going to pick one of my favorite shows over another favorite when I have a DVR. I think a lot of people do the same. Especially if they have to work during the time slot. So does anybody count how many viewers DVR’d Intelligence? Something tells me not. Get with the program CBS. Start listening to your viewers while you still have some. If I knew how to set up a poll on the net, I would for Intelligence. Would CBS listen then? Sometimes shows need 2 seasons to get going. Personally, I think Intelligence was just fine the way it was, but maybe it needed more time for people to find it. Another show I love, Modern Family. I’m in stitches every time I watch it. The writing & acting are excellent. I’m not always in the mood for a half hour comedy show. Most of the time, I would prefer a drama. That’s why I save all of my shows on my DVR. So that I can watch what I want, when I want. I’ve noticed that each year there are fewer and fewer shows on my DVR. Maybe that’s why I find myself reading even more than I always have. Please bring back Intelligence!!!!