Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Carol October 21, 2014 at 10:52 pm

I am sooo disappointed, this was a really good show. CBS what losers.

chris howard October 21, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Bummed about the series being cancelled, been waiting for it to resume. they always take the good shows off and keep the boring ones on!!!!!!

Ron October 18, 2014 at 8:59 pm

So typical,they put profit before anything else,they just don’t get it if people enjoy something they will come back over and over again and then profits would start to rise instead of expecting immediate profits I swear the American business is all consumed by greed and it will be the undoing of our civilization as we know it just look at the civilizations of antiquity they had their undoing by GREED AND CORRUPTION.

Ann October 18, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Really disappointed that this show was cancelled. It was nice to have some variety to tv offerings. CBS made it hard to find the show at times by bouncing it around the schedule, so I’m not surprised that there were’t many viewers. I love NCIS & NCIS Los Angeles but have no desire or intention to watch the New Orleans spin-off.

charlie October 18, 2014 at 4:24 pm

This was a great show and I really hope it gets picked up by some network and proves cubs made another mistake. You need to get rid of all the stupid reality shows

Bridget October 18, 2014 at 7:47 am

I’m disappointed Intelligence has been cancelled, it was a great show, I wish see again Josh Holloway in a new tv show.

Mason October 16, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I watched the beginning two episodes when it came on, and i enjoyed them. However i knew the show was gonna get canned so i stopped watching it. Randomly searching the web i came across this show so i looked it up only to find out my prediction came true. Really sad but i guess i share blame for not supporting the show. CBS kinda sucks!!

Super October 16, 2014 at 2:59 pm

It’s a fantastic series, the cast is stuperfacente and so there are none like this . After Nikita and Aliase I don’t find other , but intelligence changed my mind.The themes are very interesting and I think it must to be a sequel. Thank you

PAUL October 15, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I am very disappointed that this show was cancelled. Again, CBS showed that it would rather ride on the coat tails with spins offs ( how many NCIS’s do we really need??) and when a good and different cop show comes on, they “can it” after one season. And I thought I would start watching this network again!! Good bye CBS!!!