Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Canceled and renewed TV show

982 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Shernae Gavin says

Please bring this show back it has so much more potential than what you would even realise. I am currently watching the first season for the 8th time because I love the show but have no other seasons. To be honest you didn’t give it a fair shot, for example I didn’t like supernatural or revenge or NCIS:Los Angeles but once the second and third seasons hit they got right into a storyline and made each show passionate in its own way and I think Intelligence has the same. I live in Australia and I have a busy schedule usually so I can’t stay up till like 11 – 12 pm at night even for something I love but I can buy the seasons and then watch them when I arrive home from work. Just consider you took it off a little bit too soon and you need to have faith in not just other people to watch and buy Intelligence but in your team. You had made an amazing TV show but now no one can enjoy it.

2. Anonymous says

The show was really good, please bring it back, I’m from Belgium and I recommand this serie to everybody who’s interrested.

3. mrs. pine says

Please bring this show back! My husband and I enjoyed watching it. I would have liked to see this show be aired again opposed to NCIS: New Orleans.

• says

I have seen too many tv series come and go. Usually they go. Abc, nbc, and cbs all have had some good shows and before we could get caught up on them, you cancelled. Why do u cancel the good ones, and leave all the bad ones. Right now, the only good one left on tv is stalker. You cancellef that and then brought it back on. Thanks for That. You still have work to do. Bring back intelligence and Longmire. Thanks

4. Haggai says

6m is a good number to start with. There are just too many series these days and people are usually confused about which ones are hot till some of them turn up to be worth watching. Even the bad ones wait till season 2 to see if they can still make it. Intelligence was one of the series I enjoyed but I guess the directors weren’t as patient as they should have been. All I can say is that they dumped one of the best series b4 it even got a chance

5. Lisa says

Bring back the show intelligence! It’s so much better than most shows that are airing. Ratings and viewers number tanked not because the show but I believe the time and day it was airing.

6. Finny says

Bring back intelligence!!!! It is our favorite. Great action and build up. It got cancelled right at a good part :(. Bring it back!!

7. anonymous says

please bring back Intelligence, its such a good series, please add more family scenes like Gabrielle’s mom and more romance