Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Supun Tharuka October 31, 2014 at 8:09 am

IT SHOULDN’T BE CANCELLED.

Giizzley October 30, 2014 at 11:36 pm

I agree this was a pretty good show and I was waiting for season 2 until I just saw that there won’t be one. And one of the commenters was correct, if they’re not going to renew it they should wrap it up.

CJB October 30, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I AGREE WITH MOST OF THE COMMENTS ABOVE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE NETWORKS CANCELLING SHOWS WITH OUT WRAPPING UP THE STORY LINES. IT WOULD BE NICE FOR A CHANGE IF THEY GAVE THEM 2 SEASONS TO GET A BIGGER FOLLOWING. FINDING SHOWS THAT I LIKE TO WATCH IS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER

Anonymous October 30, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I loved it – shouldn’t beCancelled

Hamlett October 29, 2014 at 2:01 am

This is very disappointing. So sick of networks leaving us viewers in limbo if your not going to make another season then wrap up the storyline.

Jim October 28, 2014 at 12:49 am

Sometimes it takes a bit of time for a show to gather an audience following, but networks should not be so quick cancel shows which have a lot of potential.
Come on guys give it another go or sell the rights to someone who might see its potential.

Dana October 27, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I think it was a big mistake to cancel Intelligence. I LOVED the show and was really looking forward to it coming back on. It was comparable to “24”. I don’t know why it didn’t take off; probably because of the time slot it was in. But, I didn’t watch Big Bang Theory the first season or two but look how big it has gotten now. I think Intelligence would gain viewers. I loved Josh Halloway on there. I think it could have been a hit! There is so much garbage on TV now and this was a decent show!

James October 27, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I’m extremely upset. I enjoyed the show very much. Disapointed

Kacey October 27, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Intelligence was an awesome show! the big wigs would rather put on garbage shows like sleepy hollow an morbid crap than real drama. makes me so sad there is very few shows left that are worth watching. ie- NCIS, NCIS LosAngelos, Haiwaii 50 and we’re done no more good dramas left…..:(

Adams October 27, 2014 at 7:49 pm

We were very disappointed, to find out that this show had been cancelled. Especially when there is so much garbage out there. This show was for the “intelligent”. Josh Holloway was excellent in the part. You did not give it enough time. Putting it up against Castle and the Black List was your first mistake!!
Pick anew night, and put it on again !

Huckelberrykitty October 27, 2014 at 12:18 am

Intellegence was an awesome show. It looked like a big budget move each week. Friday night was not a great time for a show that appeals to people under 65 that is action packed. If your not bringing it back then sell it to some one who can.

JohnStang October 26, 2014 at 6:09 pm

They always do this. When they get a good series up they cancel it before it gets a chance for an audience. They rather stick with tired crime dramas like CSI than take a risk on something more meaningful.

mary October 26, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I am VERY disappointed that this show was cancelled!! Enjoyed in immensely.

Matthews October 25, 2014 at 6:14 pm

A very good TV serie, Im so sad to know that there is no second season, I was really looking for more of it, it really become one of my favorites shows, it should have a second season.