Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Anonymous October 1, 2014 at 2:51 am

I loved it

Daniel September 30, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I love the show. I am writing this only because I was looking to find out where CBS moved the show this TIME. I do watch it on DVR or ondemand. Not may shows out their that I can watch with my 14 yr old son, that He liked. Moving it to Monday was not good, hear of mnf Monday night football, or Blacklist? THanks anyway

Daniel September 30, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I wish it was back , but not on Monday Night. Football is on, or Blacklist. My son and I took time out just for this show.

james September 30, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Keep it!!

Christopher September 29, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Ridiculous – they put it up against the Blacklist, seriously, did they think it could pull over Spader fans? It did well on the original night, Tuesdays – heck far as I’m concerned, it would’ve done well ANYWHERE as long as it wasn’t against Spader’s Blacklist or, due to all the droves of people loving the Voice, these two shows are not things you can compete with – i totally gave up broadcast TV until Intelligence aired along with Blacklist and Person of Interest (less so on POI – Intelligence was a far better program)

So now, the one NOT hack program that wasn’t just a do over or variant of NCIS, is gone…

Bye bye

karen September 29, 2014 at 1:32 pm

do not cancel it will pick up ended on a good cliff hanger .give it a chance with another series

Wendy Smalley September 29, 2014 at 11:21 am

I’ve been looking for this show in the fall line-up. I cannot believe it is cancelled! WHY?????? It was a great show! Great cast, great actors, great plots. I’m so disappointed. Every time I get into a new program it’s cancelled. Why introduce new shows if you just fall back on the old shows? Very disappointed with this network.

Joseph September 29, 2014 at 8:03 am

I agree! I can’t believe this show was canceled. Great plot, great actors and performances. I would have bet money on Intelligence going for at least 6-8 seasons. Very disappointing to say the least. That said, it’s par for CBS.

Robin Washabaugh September 29, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Joseph I so agree that it is ‘par for CBS.’ I’ve been complaining about CBS for years now. Ever since they started not ever giving good shows a chance. Intelligence was finally a different type of show. I’m sick of all the stupid shows they keep on. Whenever they get a really good show, they don’t even give it a chance. I was upset when Hawaii Five 0 was moved to Friday night because a lot of people go out on Fridays. I thought Monday nights was a great start to the week. Thanks goodness for DVR’s. Now people can just record shows & watch later. When they moved Intelligence, I figured that would be the end of that show. I looked forward to it every week. I was so disappointed when I found out it was cancelled. However, I also was not surprised because CBS never gives good shows a chance. So it’s back to the same dumb shows, with the exception of H50 and Survivor (IMO). Other networks give a better chance for new shows, but not CBS. I guess the people who DVR their fave shows are not counted in their supposed polls. No one has ever polled me to ask if I watch a particular show. So where are they (CBS), getting their info from. Maybe if they hadn’t moved it from it’s prime slot, or at least given it a 2nd season, Intelligence might have made it. For the most part, CBS keeps the dumb (again, imo), shows, the same crap we are fed, on the tube; and get rid of all of the new, different and amazing shows like Intelligence. I told all of my friends & acquaintances about Intelligence and got them to watch it. That show needed a 2nd season at least to get off the ground. CBS never gives new shows a chance. How about keeping new, awesome shows in their regular time slots. Stop moving them after 2 shows to different time slots. CBS probably lost a lot of viewers just because they couldn’t find it anymore. Or those viewers were lost because of the crappy time slot it was moved to. If there hadn’t been such an uproar from people, Hawaii Five 0 would never have made it. There was all kinds of talk on the internet about cancelling H50 after the first season. Maybe if enough people complain, we can get Intelligence back. Does anyone know how to complain directly to CBS? Maybe we Intelligence lovers could start a poll. I missed Alex O’Laughlin after they cancelled Three Rivers (another great show that was different from the regular junk on t.v.), so I was pleasantly surprised to find him on H50. I knew the 1st time I watched H50 that it has staying power. Meant for many seasons. Imagine my surprise when I found out they almost cancelled it. (Read that as pure sarcasm because CBS cancelling great shows is never a surprise anymore). I was happy to see that for once, CBS actually listened to the viewers and made a 2nd season. I was happy that Alex (and the rest of that great cast found a ‘home’). I was hoping that Mr. Josh Holloway had found his home in Intelligence. Along with all of the rest of that great cast. Each show got better and better, just like with H50. CBS needs to realize that we are sick of the same old, same old. We crave something different. Something with a great premise that makes us think & use our brains. I can’t believe the shows that are still on after ten or more years. Every time the great writers come up with something different, CBS cancels it. Never fails. Intelligence was never given a chance. “Par for CBS.”

Annie September 28, 2014 at 11:42 pm

To bad it was cancelled. I also believe that like Killer Women that this show was not given a chance. It should have been run a second season to see if ratings improved. I know there are shows I do not watch and my sister will say oh you have to watch this and I do and I like the show.

Reese September 28, 2014 at 6:24 pm

It was a great plot and storyline! The cast was awesome! Huge mistake in canceling the show. The technology highlight was believable. Somehow, viewers should be given details of how close the technology is to reality or maybe we already are.

Papa September 28, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I get tired of the business decisions made by companies like CBS.
Countless great show have been cancelled due to them not hitting the figures expected when people need time to discover these shows and the shows need time to establish themselves and grow/evolve and fine tune into a great product. Its very short sighted of these number crunching twits not to let these pieces of work grow into something bigger and better. These fools have ruined modern TV and no longer are there classics like there were back in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s. Its all throw away TV now

Robin Washabaugh September 29, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Great comment! I couldn’t put it any better. With all of my comments here, long comments, I was unable to put what I wanted to say as succinctly as you did. Thank you. Now, do any of those number crunching twits read our comments? Probably not. Please, someone direct me to a place where we know the ‘powers that be’ at CBS will read about our disappointment and anger that they never gave Intelligence its chance. Anyone?

Mo Joe September 28, 2014 at 12:25 pm

You guys shouldn’t have canceled intelligence it was the best show ever!! Please renew it! That would be the best thing ever!!!

mo September 28, 2014 at 3:29 am

Omg, watched the whole series back to back, very good and very imaginative series.. for goodness sake don’t cancel.. their are viewers that love these kinds of programmes.. amazing series!

Joy stouffer September 28, 2014 at 6:33 pm

We loved this series. Was looking forward to this next one. Don’t cancel.