Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Luke S. September 2, 2014 at 2:59 am

It was a great show. Why can they not give it one more season. Maybe if was different time
slot the ratings would be better.I hope they do because it’s wonderful show.

Luke S. September 2, 2014 at 2:50 am

Intelligance was a great show I know at least a dozen people besides my self who love
watching it. If wasn’t getting the ratings they wanted maybe they should have tried a
different time slot rather than just canceling it. I think that made a lot of people upset

Please bring the show back for another season
Luke

madlen August 31, 2014 at 7:44 pm

another good show cancelled. what a surprise. It’s CBS after all . really liked this show and Josh Holloway is very easy on the eye. the time slot for new shows seems to be a problem that is why the viewership is low.
there are so many shows that should be cancelled but are still going on. NCIS is one. stopped watching since Ziva left.

La Quetta Ray September 1, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I really liked Intelligence. Why do the good shows get cancelled. like A&Es. Glades.

Diane August 30, 2014 at 9:51 pm

My son and I really enjoyed the first season of intelligence . We really think that CBS should give it another chance.

Anonymous August 30, 2014 at 11:29 am

I love this serie. When I started watching this show i didnt know that there are only 13 episodes. Guys, you need to give fans the chance to realize the serie. I mean, hello… Firefly??? Star Trek??? Fans need time to create their “freak out time”. At least one season with more than 13 episodes!

marcos the mighty August 26, 2014 at 6:15 pm

what a pitty to stop this one ! there must stay some good scenariis in the boxes.
I’m really desapointed sniff … hope they will change their
mind soon or later … the character deserves it; that’s my opinion

marc

“live and let die”

Lamas August 26, 2014 at 9:04 am

Glad I didn’t give it chance…….

Lynne August 26, 2014 at 3:45 am

Intelligence, Being Human and The Mentalist, together with the NCIS series are my
favourite tv shows!!

mike atwell August 25, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I want the series back. Put it in a different time slot. I’m sick of realty shows controlling tv shows

lisa August 25, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Great show. Wished would bring back. Too many trashy shows on TV.

Brad August 25, 2014 at 8:33 pm

It’s really to bad they canceled this show, I thought the show was done well. I would really like to see it make a come back.

Tim August 25, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I loved intelligence. Was just looking for the new season start date and seen it was cancelled. WTF. I dont watch much tv, but my dad got me hooked. Bad move CBS.. It would of caught on.

Amber August 31, 2014 at 6:06 pm

I wish CBS wouldn’t have cancelled this show. This was one of my favorite shows. If it was at a different time slot it might have done better and they didn’t really get to end the show.

paul August 25, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Great show, made you think (unlike Big Brother or The Talk) and different from all of the NCIS shows that are all starting to look alike just in different locations. And then you have 2 1/2 me all about now John getting laid. Same story line as before just a different character getting laid. Mike and Molly was good story line at first but now has just become the same old same old. I hope that SCIFY will pick this up. Shows what happens when a show start at one time and then is moved – kiss of death. I think Big Bang will be next to go with the time change.

Carrie August 25, 2014 at 12:28 am

Intelligence was one of the best new shows out there – the cast was great and a new story line every episode. Please bring back the show. There are so many stupid shows that they keep on the air.