Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Kim September 16, 2014 at 10:55 pm

I think the show should come back on cause it was a good show. I always had my DVR set to record just so I would not miss it. The unforgettable was not to come back on either but the station realized they made a mistake on that decision. It will be CBS lost anyway.

Melinda DeMarchis September 16, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Are you kidding this was my favorite show, right up there with Suits. I guess the name says it all, Intelligence, TV stations very rarely put on anything that remotely resembles intelligence. I sincerely hope that CBS re-thinks this huge mistake and puts some “Intelligence” back in its line up. I do have to give you kudos for your other shows, as a matter of fact I watch two stations, CBS & USA. I am not even a fan of futuristic shows, I see that the Dome or as I like to call it the Dumb is still on, but Intelligence wasn’t so futuristic as to seem bizarre. Just a really good with great chemistry between all the characters.

renee September 16, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I think the people who make the decisions whether shows are cancelled are among the most out of touch with the real public idiots. They never give any show a chance. This show was very well scripted and the acting was good. If they pulled shows in the past as fast as they pull them today we wouldn’t have had almost every iconic shows that we all remember & love. The networks suck now and don’t do anything original just a bunch of “reality” crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous September 16, 2014 at 9:28 am

We really liked the show. It’s unfortunare that CBS cancelled a really good series. Why do they cancel he good nes and keep reall bad ones?

Paul Leclair September 15, 2014 at 7:18 pm

I was really looking forward to the new season – season 2. How do the networks expect people to start watching a new show without knowing it will continue for at least three or more seaons? One season and done shows are putting up a bad image for TV shows. If the ratings don’t seem to be what the station is anticipating. The other seasons should be honored with a sister station, other other venue. Look at the first Star Trek tv series, if they had continued with more seasons on other venues, there would be a lot more fat wallets … since some shows don’t catch on immediately. I believe the Intelligence show could have had a similar jump as other shows in the past have had.

Jessie trejo September 15, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Ikr what the crap.that movie was the bomb. There are other shows out there that suck. They should bring it back on !!!!!!!!!

Keith September 14, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I really liked this show – every episode. Very innovative. Great cast and great cast interaction. Many story lines that could have developed. Don’t understand who makes these decisions and then they give some of the absolutely dumb sitcoms and one more Survivor show again. I hope somewhere in the future the execs bring this how back.

Maria September 14, 2014 at 8:20 pm

This was a good show. fun. John Holloway deserved another season. Sucks.

tPOW September 13, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Good Shows/New Shows – get cancelled because people don’t want to waste time getting interested in a new show only to see it cancelled the next year. I will wait for NetFlix to do the reruns after season 3 – then get interested in the show.

Anonymous September 15, 2014 at 11:17 am

I AGREE THIS WAS A GOOD SHOW BETTER THAN ALL THESE REALITY SHOWS

james young September 13, 2014 at 1:51 pm

i loved that show and my mom did i dont understand why its cancelled i wish it would come on again.

Elaine September 14, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I can’t believe the show is cancelled!! It was great! Just loved it and know many other people who did too.
There’s so many bad/boring shows on these days and this one gets cancelled?

Chris Mowat September 13, 2014 at 10:08 am

What is wrong with the world, believe, revolution
and continuum get cancelled yet we having stupid programs like
glee running for 5 seasons

[Prash] September 13, 2014 at 6:20 am

I like this very much…. i dont no what the hell is wrong with this RATINGS!!!!