Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Richard Hall July 30, 2014 at 1:20 pm

My wife and I really enjoyed this show, just like the show Almost Human on scifi. I don’t know who they polled, but they seem to cancel a lot of good shows like Intelligence. One of the good shows still on is NCIS, but perhaps it is the exception to the general rule.

Melanie Wagenbach July 28, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Intelligence war meine Lieblingsserie. Die Serie war einfach große klasse und sollte nicht abgebrochen werden. Bitte erneuern sie Intelligence um eine 2 season. Ich wollte nur wissen wie es mit Gabriel und Riyley weitergeht, ob sie zusammengekommen wären und was aus den anderen Teammitglieder geworden ist. Was hat Lillians Vater für Spiel gespielt?

tracey July 28, 2014 at 10:34 am

we thoroughly enjoyed it, can’t believe it has been cancelled!!!!! what about thinking of the ones who did enjoy a program that perhaps wasn’t getting the greatest viewing figures for a change!!!!!! just like ‘BELIEVE’

Carol July 27, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Bring it back This was an excellent series! Great characters and plots! I agree that it is really frustrating that my favorite shows get cancelled. Who are they polling?

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 9:41 am

I am one of those 6.5 million viewers who will eventually stop watching the top Network channels because of this. CBS has cancelled some great shoes and I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels that way…I’m just a number…but enough numbers eventually add up.

Don Emanuel July 26, 2014 at 7:46 pm

US TV execs really are the pits aren’t they. They get a decent series and dump it after one or if we are really lucky two series.

What is up with them, this is the problem with the US, if it doesn’t bring in the viewers by the millions first time round dump it. Nothing to do with the quality of the show, just the advertising revenue.

Don’t give it another chance, ” no, not enough viewers, dump it”. Fuck the viewers who have got into it, we aren’t important at all are we.

With this attitude I wonder how series like “Mash” and “Frasier” ever got made in the States.

Sarah Harding July 26, 2014 at 3:48 pm

This series was brilliant, it always happens. You always make great series and you never do second series!

from

England

War Bird July 26, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Great show, though provoking as well as action filled for those who bore too easily. Should be brought back!

Bryan b. July 26, 2014 at 11:43 am

Excellent show, maybe shouldn’t have moved the time slot till second year?!

Anonymous July 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Really enjoyed it, shame cancelled. Bring it back!

Greene July 24, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Hate to see this show go! Extremely fascinating! Whole family watched and enjoyed! Wonderful family show no cursing, no sex !

Kathy M July 23, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Intelligence was an incredible show. I would love for it to stay on. Certain days of the week are always better days to watch TV. One lower season is no reason to cancel. The show has incredible potential. Not to sound crazy….but, “It would be intelligent to keep Intelligence on TV.

Rick July 24, 2014 at 8:00 am

I agree, it was one of my favorite shows to watch last season. I wish someone else would pick it up. I know a lot of other people who liked it too! They always seem to cancel my favorite shows:(

Anonymous July 26, 2014 at 12:54 am

They just need to let it “find its feet” and I’d bet season 2 ratings would go up significantly

mark konicki July 25, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I agree they shouldn’t have canceled it so soon I thought. it was cool

Cinch July 23, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Loved this show. Should never been cancelled

Mick Wade July 23, 2014 at 8:44 am

This was a great show cut tragically short.

Divyanshu Verma July 23, 2014 at 5:14 am

it shouldn’t be cancelled…..it’s a great show