The Client List: Cancelled on Lifetime, No Season Three

client list cancelledLifetime has pulled the plug on The Client List. There won’t be a third season of the Jennifer Love Hewitt drama.

The Client List began as a Lifetime movie and then became a TV series. It follows a housewife and mom (Hewitt) who’s abandoned by her husband. To support her family, she starts working at a spa that turns out to offer more than just massages. Others in the cast include Loretta Devine, Colin Egglesfield, Rebecca Field, Naturi Naughton, Alicia Lagano, Kathleen York, Brian Hallisay, and Cybill Shepherd.

Season one averaged 2.51 million viewers and that led to a second season renewal. Those 15 episodes drew 2.05 million.

The third season renewal was supposedly being held up because Lifetime and the producers were trying to figure out how to handle Hewitt’s real-life pregnancy. Hewitt, who is also an executive producer, wanted the character played by her real-life fiancé Brian Hallisay to be the fictional baby’s dad as well.

This demand is at odds with the plans of Client List’s showrunner who wanted Colin Egglesfield’s character to be the dad.

According to Deadline, Lifetime and Sony TV became tired of the dispute and have now pulled the plug.

Since season two of Client List finished in June, Lifetime has found success with two new series — Devious Maids and Witches of East End — so they probably feel like they no longer need Client List.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Client List has been cancelled?

Theresa December 22, 2013 at 8:05 am

you have got to b kidding me. THIS REALY SUCKS I have been waiting for ever. You realy need to work it out. PLEASE

Lord Xayd December 13, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Well I’m hesitant to be the only person to defend LifeTime, but I think they were quite right. Colin should have been the dad and JLH needs to appreciate her LEAD role in a hit show and not assume the world revolves around her.

The fiction of a show has nothing do with who her real-life significant other is. And we know perfectly well the spectacular plotlines we could have extracted from Evan being the dad. Clearly.

Before Ghost Whisperer, her career had been on the skids for many years. So much so that she moved to England and ran her own low key film production company. She did good work and I’ve always enjoyed her style, so I was very happy when Ghost Whisperer launched and then The Client List arrived.

But now it seems like she’s thinking she’s going to score one hit show after another. She only got the TCL lead because of the TV Movie she made a few years back. Meaning she just happened to be entrenched in something that gained traction, not something that she won over the competition that normally would have existed for TCL.

And now everyone associated with TCL is out of a job, including her fiance. Because she had to have her way? A way that was not good for dramatization. And because of that, her career is going to be right back there on the skids. Only this time I won’t be keeping up with her project lists for cool new stuff. Because there won’t be any. She’ll be moving back to England, I suspect :(

MARLENE KATRIA November 25, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED OF WHAT I JUST READ… BRING IT BACK THAT WAS AN AWESOME SHOW.. COLIN SHOULD BE THE DADDY!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH LIFETIME..

Heather November 22, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Absolutely sucks!! Devious maids is ok but no way shape or form is it as good as client list. I can’t believe they wouldn’t just suck it up and let Kyle be the dad rather then cancel bc they can’t make a decision on how to write in pregnancy. Sooooooo gonna miss this! Maybe a boycott of life time can get it back on

Jackie November 6, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Bring back the Client List.

Rmcneal 30 November 4, 2013 at 11:48 am

Are you kidding me I love this show. I am so not liking this at all. I wish it would come back.

Suzanne Rizzo November 3, 2013 at 10:41 pm

This sucks ! I watched 1/2 it was awesome ,you have to get it back on air its the best other then army wives ! That you also took off ! You cant just end it like this please put it back on for us !

stoke November 2, 2013 at 10:29 pm

That sucks i loved that show

Frannie November 2, 2013 at 12:02 pm

This really sucks!!! I really loved this show!! It was funny, had drama, family, etc. NOT happy

Tay November 1, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Well everything that we all know of seem to be fine behind the scenes of this great show, but the minute she got knock up her attitude change and started acting a you know what demanding this and demanding that with one demand being wanting her future baby daddy to be her on screen baby daddy and the powers that be said no and instead of her accepting that call made she choose to be even more of a you know what and now she are us have no show.

vp44 November 1, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I think Lifetime is sooooo STUPID, they alway’s do this, they have a GOOD show and they cancel it. They did that with Drop Dead Diva, but were smart enough to bring it back. We can only hope and pray that will happen with The Client List, I love Jennifer Love Hewitt, and all the cast was wonderful!! Please Lifetime bring it BACK!!!!!

Erin November 1, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Well darn it… When I started season 2 I hadn’t watched season 1 yet, so I went back and watched all of it after I just loved the show. Now I’m totally bummed as I have been checking and waiting for it to come back on!

ml November 1, 2013 at 6:25 pm

i loved that show – they can’t take it off now! It was just too good! Whats wrong with the executives they must not watch tv very much!

Anonymous November 1, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I’m very upset they canceled this show over being pregnant. I love this show. I also love DM and Witches.

Lisa November 1, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I am very disappointed and so tired of watching new shows only to have them cancelled later. I dont think I will be watching Witches or Devious Maids. Bring back Client List and Colin should be the Dad.