The Jeff Probst Show: Cancelled; No Season Two

Jeff Probst Show canceledJeff Probst may host CBS’ top reality show but he didn’t have much luck in daytime. The Jeff Probst Show has been cancelled after one season.

Debuting last September, the new talk series just never caught on and couldn’t draw as many viewers as fellow newbies Katie, Trisha Goddard, and Steve Harvey. The Ricki Lake Show also began last fall, had a similar ratings problem, and was recently cancelled as well. Sophomore series Anderson Live won’t be back next fall either.

A spokesman for CBS Television Distribution said, “We believe Jeff is an incredible talent, and that he and his dedicated producing team delivered quality episodes throughout the season. Unfortunately, the audience isn’t there to support a second year… We are grateful to the entire staff, our affiliate partners and advertisers for their ongoing support of The Jeff Probst Show.

Probst added, “I’m super bummed but extremely proud. The truth is all shows come to an end. Ours just ended a decade sooner than we had hoped.”

Original episodes will continue to run for the remainder of the season.

What do you think? Did you like The Jeff Probst Show? Why do you think it didn’t catch on? Just too much competition?

Canceled and renewed TV show

34 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lisa says

I LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE PICK IT UP & KEEP IT GOING HE’S GOING TO BE EVEN GREATER THE NEXT SEASON, HE BRINGS ON PEOPLE & STORIES YOU’VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF……..I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE KEEP IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Surae says

The Jeff Probst Show is unique, fun. And very REAL. Different from all the other Talk shows on TV. Katie ??? A copy KATie I love the Jeff Probst Show. Give it a chance. Change the time slot. Maybe Katie’s time. Or leave it and promote it more

3. Annette roman says

The show should have been given more time. I never missed a show. His charisma and energy is unequaled. Loved the guests, his co-hosts, etc. will miss the show.

4. says

I am so upset that Jeff probst is cancelled.
    The show is what gives me a reason to get
    up early and he is entertaining, informative,
    and has amazing guests. It is a shame you
    chose to cancel his show. Whoever you choose
    To replace him won’t be as good, but thank
    God there are other networks to watch.

5. Anonymous says

Jeff Probst, was a hit for his show. very interesting and kind. Love this man. we’ll miss him.some of hosts on the other stations need to go.they are smart talking and get away with it. but money talk these days know matter what.its a blame game.

6. Dorvell says

and yet, they’re keeping Trisha Goddard which, if I remember correctly, has placed 5th out of the 5 new talk shows to debut this season, behind Jeff and Ricki? What sense does that make!

7. Terry says

I love this show. The alternative is 4 or 5 ladies all talking at the same time. Jeff had a new approach and it worked. You don’t have stars coming on and saying the same scripted lines you saw on the previous show. Maybe you should rethink this CBS. Stop hiding him on FOX and maybe he will have a chance. Wrong move. I think this show is the best thing to come on in a long time. The tribe has not spoken and bring JEFF BACK!!!

8. cheri says

I really like this show. It’s very up lifting and positive which is what alot of us can use these days. I do think they should have kept the format they began with. I don’t really care for Jeff talking to another star for 20 minutes or the stupid games. Shoulda kept it the same all season.

9. Adam Decker says

It is sad that they would lose a great talk show host by losing this show. At least Survivor fans can still watch him host that show, provided it gets renewed. Guess The Jeff Probst Show should have had more interesting guests instead of human interest stories. That’s the only reason I can think of why it would fail.

• cheri says

I don’t like when he has other “stars” on the show. I want to see ordinary people who have done something positive to inspire me.

10. demoncat4 says

sad to see it go for jeff is perfect as a host of tv but figured given all the competion that sadly he might have wound up not lasting the season.

11. Marlene says

All the stupid reality shows that continue to play out across our tv screens, and are renewed year after year, and we are losing a great talk show like The Jeff Probst Show? What’s the sense in that?

12. Marie says

LOVE the Jeff Probst Show. He is so down to earth and a very ‘normal’ guy tackling everyday issues. He makes me feel like I’m in his living room enjoying a visit. I will really miss him. I think the problem was that there were just too many new shows all debuting at once which divided viewers. Given the chance, Jeff could be a number one talk show phemon.