Vegas: CBS Trims Episode Order, Will There Be More?

While CBS has increased their order for episodes of Elementary, the network has decided to cut the episode order for Vegas from 22 to 21 installments.

Starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, Vegas debuted to a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.85 million viewers. Considering the star power and promotion behind the series, that was a disappointment. For the next two weeks, the numbers seemed to stabilize at a 2.0 demo rating and roughly 12 million viewers.

On October 23rd, CBS ordered a full season of episodes for both Vegas and Elementary. That night, Vegas dropped 20%, to a 1.6 rating. The next week popped up to a 1.7 and this week’s went back down, to a 1.6 rating.

While the ratings have not been very good, CBS is apparently planning on sticking with Vegas for the rest of the season. If the numbers fall any further, it’ll be interesting to see if they cut any more episodes.

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think the ratings will come back up?

darlene February 26, 2013 at 4:41 pm

VEGAS is a breath of fresh air in the staleness of modern day crap and the stink of stupid reality shows; to think of cancelling this gem is unthinkable!!!

Pam Gilbert February 26, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I love Vegas, please don’t cancel it. It’s got a great story line, lots of excitement and intrigue. On the other hand I do not like Elementary, at all and think that’s the show to cancel.

Russell Hershkowitz February 26, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Please I love this show don’t take it off this shothw is the best. Taking those reality shows off they are worthless.

Cherlyn Curtis February 26, 2013 at 2:49 am

I like Vegas we watch it every week. I’m very upset another show is going in it’s time slot.
I want you to keep it. I’m a history buff and you said it would tell the history of that time period so tell it.

Denise February 26, 2013 at 11:07 pm

We watch it every week also. We think it is ONE of the best shows out there right now!!! We would be heart broken if they take it off.

David February 25, 2013 at 8:06 pm

My wife and I love Vegas, the stars, settings, costumes, plot lines, etc…all excellent…please do not cancel it

Kathy February 25, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I thought “Vegas” was one of the best new shows on TV. Completely enjoy this show.

Kristin February 25, 2013 at 12:25 am

This show really grew on me. Savino’s story became very intriguing and I think Michael Chiclis is the real star of this show. They better not leave us all hanging. Please bring Vegas back for a scone season.

Rose February 24, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I think it is a great show it should be kept on forever. All the actors are just great. It’s refreshing to see programs from the sixties.

Mike Auge February 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I think it’s a great show and I hope it stays on the air. Always a good story line, twists and turns that keep you on your toes and great actors! I like the “frontier justice” they use to get the job done and how they don’t rely on a lot of “CSI” gimicktry or made up nonsense.

randy c February 24, 2013 at 4:32 am

Keep it, great show.

randy c February 24, 2013 at 4:27 am

This series & cast is excellent. Please continue VEGAS in 2013 & 2014. I have heard many positive comments on this series & TRUE BLOODS in southern calif.

buddy privette February 24, 2013 at 1:07 am

don’t where they r getting ratings from everybody i know likes it

Taz1 February 23, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I loveeee the actors and the show Vegas. Why is it that you get someone hooked on a show and then you pull the plug? HERE is some free advice from a lot of TICKED OFF fans, CANCEL some of the REALITY SHOWS!!!!!

Mike Auge February 24, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Agree…. INEVER watch those stupid reality shows…

Marcy Cooke February 23, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I enjoyed the series Las Vegas, and I would like to see it returned or at least one more program that would tie up the loose ends. The story lines were good and the actors were doing a great job. It was great on Tuesday after the other shows on CBS. Keep it.

Dan B February 23, 2013 at 1:24 pm