Enlisted: Cancel or Keep the New FOX Sitcom?

Enlisted on FOX: cancel or renew?Earlier this evening, FOX renewed The Following, New Girl, and The Mindy Project — as well as newbie comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Meanwhile, fellow freshman Dads is sure to be cancelled. But what about the network’s other new sitcom — Enlisted? Will it be cancelled or renewed?

Enlisted follows three brothers who find themselves all stationed at the same US Army base in Florida as part of a troupe of misfits. The sitcom’s cast includes Stults, Chris Lowell, Parker Young, Keith David, and Angelique Cabral.

The sitcom debuted in January, following Raising Hope, and drew a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.41 million viewers. It was hardly a positive start — even for a Friday night show. The second episode dropped lower.

Then, FOX decided to switch Raising Hope’s and Enlisted’s timeslots, giving the latter a stronger lead-in with Bones. As a result, the sitcom’s audience grew by more than 60%, to a 1.1 in the demo with 3.23 million.

The ratings fell quite a bit the next week and then, understandably, the numbers dropped even lower opposite the Olympics coverage on NBC.

Even at its best, Enlisted hasn’t performed very well. Things certainly don’t look good but there’s still time for the sitcom to prove itself. How well the show performs in the upcoming weeks will likely determine its fate.

Unfortunately, starting next week, low-rated Rake will be Enlisted’s new lead-in and that’s not going to help matters.

But, what do you think? Do you like Enlisted? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Kevin Law April 29, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I love the show and I love Raising Hope which has been cancelled after 4 seasons. It’s all silly comedy, but isn’t that what comedy is? On Friday nights after working all week I looked forward to the Chance’s and the Hill brothers to make me laugh and realize that life doesn’t have to be so serious all of the time. I say this to say that you already cancelled Raising Hope, can I at least have Enlisted?……..

Nicole April 27, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I think this show is hilarious. I just think it needs time to find its audience. I actually watch it on hulu not on the network as I do many shows but I enjoy it immensely! Keep it!

Kay Murrell April 24, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Please keep Enlisted. It’s a little quirky and weird but every episode makes me laugh. It’s like McHale’s Navy and In The Army Now had a baby. There is a great story here, chemistry between the cast and had heart.

Craig April 18, 2014 at 11:22 pm

keep it

Mary April 16, 2014 at 7:26 am

My husband and I love Enlisted please keep it

Holly April 18, 2014 at 11:30 am

I, too, have enjoyed it. Missed it this past week. Looking forward to new episodes!

Leslie April 13, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I’m so sad “Enlisted” is getting cancelled. Isn’t there some way to get another network to pick it up? Why won’t networks give shows longer to catch on?

Tony April 14, 2014 at 7:23 am

and you wonder why the networks are failing . . .

Barbara April 14, 2014 at 8:00 pm

ENLISTED YES there is away – go on FB and search for ENLISTED it takes you directly to the FOX website …make your complaint there I like this show too and RAKE!!

Rosalind April 13, 2014 at 2:09 am

I love, love, love Enlisted what a blast from my past M.A.S.H. Finally a show that is just plan funny, funny, funny and not blood, nudity and craziness. I grew up on comedy being just that comedy and not people showing bare skin or kids talking back to their parents or kids sexually active or adult using profanity to make a joke. Enlisted is about three brothers that lived a life as military brats and for one reason or the other just were not able to make it to the big leagues of the military yet show the other side of military soldiers with serious vs humor. Keep this show and take me back to the days were comedy was just that comedy with a purpose or moral.

Tom Starr April 12, 2014 at 3:46 am

In my opinion this is the modern day M.A.S.H. I was shocked to hear that people were complaining about the actuality of the uniforms, vehicles, etc. (No disrespect to our enlisted heroes.) I watch TV shows for entertainment. This is not a documentary, which I would expect to be correct in every way.

This is a great comedy show with a great cast, great producers and directors – who all have cared enough to go above what most shows ever have. Enlisted has brought the interest back to our military and is an adult comedy that the whole family can watch together. This is bringing back the focus of the good in our nation.

We found this show on demand, an advertisement. Once we watched it we were hooked. More advertising would be a fabulous way to get the word out, bring on more viewers and get those ratings higher. I hope more people watch Enlisted, bring the ratings up – don’t pass on this show. Don’t cancel this show!

Andura April 8, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I love ‘Enlisted’. I’m so tired of networks putting a show on and not giving it time to build an audience, or not taking into consideration how many people record to watch later. Enlisted is funny, clever, and different. I grew up watching MASH, and I love having a show on tv about the military that isn’t either disparaging our men in uniform or a constant blood bath. The actors are all wonderful, the writing is great, the characters are unique… I could go on and on. After Firefly I do not give much credence to Fox for knowing a good show when they got one, but I hope they learn from past mistakes and give Enlisted a chance.