Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Karen D July 5, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Love this series, it’s new without being out there, the story lines are original, the acting excellent and I think its a shame they’ve cancelled it.

L. Greenhill July 5, 2014 at 7:36 am

I liked it. The story lines were engaging and each episode could stand alone. Can’t understand why it was cancelled.

Why Why Why July 5, 2014 at 6:36 am

This is a very good show.

Gary P. July 4, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Are you kidding me… This show is amazing… Seems cbs is starting to be like abc.. They get a good show, put it is a bad time slot and instead of admitting their mistake, blame the show and cancel… Bad, bad move cbs. This is one of the best shows you have put out in a while. Instead of canceling the show maybe you should fire the person(s) who don’t seem to know how to work the schedule …

Yasser July 9, 2014 at 12:58 am

This was the only CBS show I actively watched out of general interest for the subject matter. Cancelling the show was premature, the network would have benefited from either a temporary hiatus to film more episodes to continue Season 1 or a second season all together.

With that said, the female version of Gabriel was milked as a tool in too many episodes and the show could have benefited from a greater depth of periphery characters comparable to Gabriel. Examples of situations for plausible episodes include:

-Gabriel tasked with assassinating whistle blower but joins forces instead to smuggle him/her to safety.
- Gabriel has to find a missing plane by focusing on what everybody on board left electronically as a footprint.
-Gabriel gets kidnapped by foreign agency and has to be rescued by partner.
-Gabriel’s partner gets framed for an international incident and he has to prove her innocence.
-Gabriel goes undercover where he meets someone who looks just like his wife and the mission is compromised.
-Gabriel has to be deployed into some remote part of the Amazon to locate and rescue a team of missing miners whose cell reception was last pinged there.
-Gabriel has to testify in front of Congress about the chip’s benefits but finds himself labelled as an “other” by a member who wants the program to end.

Etc etc.

Charity July 15, 2014 at 3:11 am

I enjoyed reading your piece on the cancellation of intelligence. I couldn’t have said it better. They will never get the viewer ship like in the past. To many other options available. They always cancel the good ones.

Marian lawrence July 4, 2014 at 10:22 pm

I an very disappointed to hear this show Intelligence has been cancelled when I have just discovered it. From what I saw it was full of mystery not as much confronting violence as a lot of other shows .

Carolyn July 4, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I really liked intelligence, I thought it was really good and looked forward to watching it, I couldn’t believe it when it said it was the last ever episode. It might not have been a hit in the US but for me it was a big hit in the UK. Bring it back please.

Joan Gaston July 4, 2014 at 12:33 pm

This is always happening when the show is so good. It’s always the wrong shows that are cancelled

Joseph Bolam July 4, 2014 at 11:59 am

No of course it shouldn’t have been cancelled, was a fantastic show with extremely good characters and strong story lines. Real shame..

Kourtnii July 4, 2014 at 4:21 am

You’ve got to be kidding me! This show’s great, i was really looking foward to the 2nd series. #BringbackIntelligence

Randy July 3, 2014 at 10:22 pm

NO NO NO its a great tv show why plz make a season 2

graeme July 3, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I don’t get it….. Most popular on the likes of nowtv and other streaming services…. yet I know let’s axe the show, the mind boggles.
GUTTED !!
Please re-think

Brian crowdey July 3, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I can’t believe it has been cancelled…The only thing worth watching on Thursday nights…The same thing happened with John doe series…that was really good also…

Pat July 3, 2014 at 4:38 pm

What the hell! Brilliant well thought out futuristic. Get a 2nd series ASAP please best show ever

sharon debois July 3, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Don’t know why they cancelled it I thought it was great, very upset, please make a 2nd series :( :(

jodie revell July 3, 2014 at 10:17 am

I want to see season two of intelligence. I like it very much. Bring it intelligence back plaesa