The Assets: Unaired Episodes to Run Sunday Afternoons

The Assets TV show on ABC canceledIf a show has been cancelled, the networks often resort to burning off the remaining episodes on Saturday nights. That’s what ABC did with The Assets? But, what happens if a show’s ratings are even too low for Saturday nights? Well, apparently you run it on Sunday afternoons.

The Futon Critic reports that ABC has decided to air the remaining four episodes of their cancelled series The Assets on Sunday afternoons — but you’ll have to wait awhile to see them.

Episodes five (“Check Mate”) and six (“Small Useless Truth”) will run on July 27th at 4pm and 5pm. Episodes seven (“The Straw Poll”) and eight (“Avenger”) will then air on August 3rd at 4pm and 5pm.

Hopefully, the network won’t change their plans before these actually air.

What do you think? Do you think the episodes will finally air or will ABC pull them again?

Dave July 28, 2014 at 4:41 pm

It appears that any show that contains substance rather than “fluff”, takes attention and thought rather than just a blank stare, appeals to anyone who is not a millennial gamer, is doomed. ASSETS reflects a serious subject in a period which is giving the appearance of returning with the recent actions of Putin. “those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it”!! ABC is losing me at a rapid pace. They are so liberal it scares me.

Alan July 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Did anyone notice that viewing Episodes 5 and 6 in the afternoon was somewhat difficult? I blocked outdoor sunlight in the TV room, but the episodes still lacked brightness. Normal brightness and contrast were only evident in the commercials. I may watch them a second time online after dark. I’m sure I missed something because it’s hard to make the room dark enough in the afternoon. Reminded me of how a movie looks if the management is late dimming the lights.

Randy July 27, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I guess you people do not understand a good series. Please put it back on.
Randy

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Don’t know why such a show that is so well written with great acting is cancelled.

Francesca July 26, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Please keep the assets!

carol a delagrange July 26, 2014 at 8:46 am

I love the show Am disappointed that I cannot get the last four episodes on demand I think ABC is missing out on a good series by cancelling give it a chance people need to try it then they will love it !!!!

Alan July 26, 2014 at 5:44 pm

My guess is that you will be able to get the episodes on demand after they air tomorrow afternoon and the following Sunday afternoon. If you can’t watch or record episodes 5 and 6 tomorrow afternoon, check ABC’s website on Monday or Tuesday. Most “on demand” episodes on the major broadcast networks such as ABC are not available until after their broadcast.

Lynne July 21, 2014 at 8:52 am

Taking bets in whether ABC can manage to keep their word this time and actually air the four remaining episodes…

Anonymous July 21, 2014 at 10:21 am

Two episodes are scheduled next Sunday at 4 and 5 pm. These are episodes 5 and 6.

Anonymous July 22, 2014 at 11:48 am

Any word on the final 2 episodes- 7 & 8?

admin July 22, 2014 at 7:31 pm

As the article says, they’re slated to run 8/3 at 4pm and 5pm.

Alan July 22, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Episodes 5 (“Check Mate”) and 6 (“Small Useless Truth”) will run on Sunday, July 27th, at 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Episodes 7 (“The Straw Poll”) and 8 (“Avenger”) will air on Sunday, August 3rd at 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Mandy July 20, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I guess ABC doesn’t like “real” reality programing. This is history – not some made for TV scripted reality show. It is beyond me how the networks think anymore. They paid to have the show made I assume – so why junk it.!! stretching it out like they have is ruining the continuity. And NO I wouldn’t bet a nickel that they will keep their word on when to show it again.

Sue July 28, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Too intelligent for this younger generation. Well acted. Well written. My husband and I look forward to it. No reality shows or talent shows for us. This WAS reality, and all the talent belongs to those who put this great show on!

Anonymous July 28, 2014 at 5:55 pm

For those of us who appreciate good acting/story line, this would have been better received on PBS. The British know how to write period pieces and do it well. Afraid it wasn’t a hit because the actors are not recognized by US audience. Too bad because they missed out.