Trauma: NBC Series Returns with 10 New Episodes; Can It Be Saved from Cancellation?

TraumaIn October, NBC decided not to order any additional episodes of the low-rated series, Trauma, essentially canceling the show after 13 episodes. Then, a few weeks later, NBC ordered three additional installments, likely because they anticipated holes in their spring schedule and the show’s producers were able to significantly cut production costs.

The show’s been off the air since November but the network has now announced that it’s coming back. Is there a chance that the show could actually see a second season?

Taking place in San Francisco, Trauma follows a group of first responders who risk their lives to save others. The cast includes Derek Luke, Cliff Curtis, Anastasia Griffith, Kevin Rankin, Aimee Garcia, Billy Lush, Jamey Sheridan, and Taylor Kinney.

The network recently announced that they were cancelling The Jay Leno Show as of February 12th. That means that, when NBC finishes airing its coverage of the Winter Olympics, the network will have five more hours of primetime to fill. That’s good news for Trauma.

Do you think Trauma should get a second season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

NBC has announced that Trauma will be returning to Monday nights starting on March 8th. They’ve also just ordered three additional episodes, bringing the season total to 20. That means that there are 10 new episodes of Trauma to come.

If the new episodes of Trauma can attract significantly more viewers, the show might have a very good shot at being renewed — especially if the show can continue to be produced economically.

At the recent Television Critics Association winter press tour, Angela Bromstad, NBC’s Primetime Entertainment President, didn’t rule out the show having a future and the new episode order is certainly promising.

TV show supportHowever, NBC has plans to beef up their pilot development for next season. The network will develop 10 dramas and eight half-hour comedies. For Trauma to get a spot on the 2010-11 schedule, the low-rated series will have to inspire more confidence than the new shows.

What do you think? Do you think Trauma has a real chance at survival or is it still doomed?

jeannie March 27, 2011 at 12:23 pm

PLZ BRING TRAUMA BACK!!!!! I LALALALALLLLLOOOVVVEEE SEASON 1!!! COME ON SEASON 2!!!!

Nicole March 25, 2011 at 9:16 am

Please, please, please bring Trauma back. There are too many stupid reality shows on Tv now a days. I would rather watch Trauma over any of those!!! Trauma was my favorite, I just recently purchased the first season because I miss the show soooo much!

Megan March 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I honestly have no idea what is going on in their brains. Trauma was an amazing show and it was really stupid to cancel it. I have been watching it on Netflix and I find every episode amazing.
Please give trauma a second season.

Doug February 13, 2011 at 3:00 am

I’m from the uk and I loved trauma it was the best medical drama from the us I’ve seen. I’m looking forward to a season 2 hitting uk screens soon. God bless America and the uk. We stand as one against terrorism.

Anonymous February 12, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I guess NBC are over estimating their viewership, thus canceling good shows that would have better numbers on another network. Great job NBC.

crystel February 11, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I loved the show. Bring it back, Please! I am so sick of the other garbage that some how makes it on the T.V.

Kristin February 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I want Trauma brought back. It was one of the best shows ever. You put on these dumb sitcoms and take the good stuff off. Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kris February 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm

trama is one of the best series thats been on for a long time i was upset when i found out they ended the show, nbc needs to bring back the show it shows alot of promise if they would just give it a chance,i was on my edge of my seat through out the whole series, good shows do that to you.

claudia January 29, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I read someplace that they were bringing back trauma in march or is this a rumor? For 10 more episodes? I hope so it was the only show i watched on NBC the sitcoms suck air.

Please Bring back Trauma

Ashley January 27, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Okay I have been watching this show from Netflix and it is amazing…!!! I hope there is a season 2..! All the episodes are absolutely great..! I will be very sad if they do not run another season.! :)

Connie January 27, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I am so sad that NBC has cancelled Trauma. You put a good show on and get people loving it and then you cancel. How do you know how many families are watching it? I would love to know. I agree with the previous comment, you leave on the stupid sitcoms. What about the many viewers that HATE those stupid sitcoms. Thanks NBC

Coty January 19, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Trauma was the only program on the NBC network I watched, it was great, and they just had to go and ruin it

Frenchie January 14, 2011 at 11:59 am

Trauma is EXCELLENT! Whyis it a show like this is always put under the wheels, when a stupid idotic show like Parks and Recreation gets more lives than a damn cat. I am sick of seeing shows like this kicked to the curb. Rabbit makes the show. Everyone is complimented by him. KEEP IT ON

Tiff and JOn January 9, 2011 at 12:11 am

We are very upset and would not have thought a good show like trauma would have been cancelled, We think that it is one of the best shows of its kind. Thank you NBC for taken away something that was perfectly fine. “If it’s not broken don’t fix it.” and cancelling it was not the way to fix a problem.

Gabriel January 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Bring Trauma and Anastasia Griffith back…I love her…she´s great

Lynnita February 5, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I agree….I love this show. Why do networks get rid of the good shows and keep the crappy ones?????????