Leverage

LeverageNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 77 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: December 7, 2008 — December 25, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Timothy Hutton, Christian Kane, Aldis Hodge, Gina Bellman, and Beth Riesgraf.

current TV show

TV show description:
Nathan Ford (Timothy Hutton) was once a loyal fraud investigator for IYS Insurance. His point of view changed when the insurance company refused to pay for experimental treatment that could have saved his young son. Because of his intricate knowledge of scams, Nathan’s recruited by Victor Dubenich to join a team of talented criminals to “steal back” aeronautical plans that were supposedly stolen by a competitor.

When the job is completed, Dubenich tries to double-cross the team and unsuccessfully tries to blow them up. The group decides to run a con on their former employer and Dubenich ends up ruined and arrested by the FBI. When the the team is done, they form Leverage Consulting & Associates and start to help everyday people who’ve been ripped off by corrupt corporations and government agencies.

Among Nathan’s colleagues is Sophie Devereaux (Gina Bellman), a con-woman who uses her acting skills for art thievery. Ironically, though she’s very successful as an actress for the team’s scams, she has little success as a legitimate performer.

Eliot Spencer (Christian Kane) is a highly-skilled martial artist who is also a weapons and retrieval expert. He shows great proficiency with guns, yet despises them.

Alec Hardison (Aldis Hodge) is a computer hacker extraordinaire and a gadget guru. A self-proclaimed geek, he also has a penchant for science fiction. Parker (Beth Riesgraf) doesn’t have a known first name, and is a thief, cat burglar, and explosives expert. She also has an unnatural love of money, and a soft spot for Alec and children. She and Alec share the common bond of both being raised by foster parents.

img src=”http://tvseriesfinale.com/assets/spacer.gif” alt=”space” height=”15″ width=”450″ />

Series Finale

Episode #77 — The Long Goodbye Job
The team embarks on their riskiest con yet when Nate takes a case linked to his son’s death.
First aired: December 25, 2012

space
What do you think? Do you like the Leverage TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Skiweyer January 8, 2013 at 9:40 am

Can we cancel TNT from our comcast setup due to their DUMB decision to cancel one of the best acted, positive vibed and very well written shows on cable?

Debi January 7, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I am so disappointed in the cancellation of Leverage! I would love to know the reasoning behind this!? TNT will no longer have my support NOR attention….not sure which dim whit made this decision…but he/she should be cancelled as well….I loved the story line, the actors…if you replace it with some ridiculous reality show…it’s your grave! Of course I won’t know since I WILL NOT BE WATCHING TNT! Please reconsider this foolish decision. PLEASE bring this amazing show back!!!!

GLJ January 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I feel that the the decision to cancel Leverage was one of the worst choices made by any network. The cast was great and showed a wide range of acting ability whether serious or comedic. The stories were way above the average shows and I think that TNT should rethink their decision. Timothy H. and Gina B. could return as sort of a Nick and Nora couple. I am beginning to wonder about these so-called tv exes who can’t tell talent when they see it.

meljrey January 7, 2013 at 7:26 pm

RENEW the show! It has outstanding actors/actresses as well as story lines. This show does not deserve the ax!

elizabeth jordan January 7, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Are you crazy? You actually had a show that worked!!!! I enjoy. It actually had plots and the writers actually put some thought into their storyline. You want to keep dumb shows that are non-relatable. Get rid of that show about aliens inhabiting the earth….. and only a few humans survive and save the world. The show’s been done by Startrek. I enjoyed TNT because it has the courage to have good shows on!!!

Nightsurfer January 7, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Lousy time slot on Sunday after or during NFL football.

Gwen January 7, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Please don’t cancel Leverage it is my family’s favorite show. Please….Please….Please

CHERYL January 7, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I cannot believe TNT is cancelling Leverage. The best show ever. I hope they change their minds!!!!!

Babs January 7, 2013 at 11:28 am

This is a good sitcom and enjoyed by many. It should have not been cancelled as there are many shows that should be cancelled.

Annoymous January 7, 2013 at 2:56 am

I agree with Hal, I no longer have any reason to watch TNT, thanks for the memories , and thanks for this cleverly written series, I’m sorry to see Leverage go …!

Anonymous January 6, 2013 at 10:29 pm

best show ever! who ever is pulling the strings and cancelled the show is a idiot!

Edward cotter January 6, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Do not cancel leverage, it’s part. Of me. Sophie and Nate can come back as a couple
Please, please, don’t cancel leverage !!!!

Andy January 6, 2013 at 2:27 am

This is crap TNT should not have dropped this show, ” so they can bring new ones ”
There is more to explore in the scripted stories in the characters, relationships, backstories,
More cons. Dean Devlin should make 3 hour movie for the final mark on the leverage franchise.

Sharon January 4, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I LOVE THE SHOW LEVERAGE…I can’t believe that you are cancelling it!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!

Hal January 4, 2013 at 1:24 am

Must be making room for another trashy reality tv show. Good bye TNT, I no longer have a reason to watch you.