Leverage

LeverageNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 77 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: December 7, 2008 — December 25, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Timothy Hutton, Christian Kane, Aldis Hodge, Gina Bellman, and Beth Riesgraf.

TV show description:
Nathan Ford (Timothy Hutton) was once a loyal fraud investigator for IYS Insurance. His point of view changed when the insurance company refused to pay for experimental treatment that could have saved his young son. Because of his intricate knowledge of scams, Nathan’s recruited by Victor Dubenich to join a team of talented criminals to “steal back” aeronautical plans that were supposedly stolen by a competitor.

When the job is completed, Dubenich tries to double-cross the team and unsuccessfully tries to blow them up. The group decides to run a con on their former employer and Dubenich ends up ruined and arrested by the FBI. When the the team is done, they form Leverage Consulting & Associates and start to help everyday people who’ve been ripped off by corrupt corporations and government agencies.

Among Nathan’s colleagues is Sophie Devereaux (Gina Bellman), a con-woman who uses her acting skills for art thievery. Ironically, though she’s very successful as an actress for the team’s scams, she has little success as a legitimate performer.

Eliot Spencer (Christian Kane) is a highly-skilled martial artist who is also a weapons and retrieval expert. He shows great proficiency with guns, yet despises them.

Alec Hardison (Aldis Hodge) is a computer hacker extraordinaire and a gadget guru. A self-proclaimed geek, he also has a penchant for science fiction. Parker (Beth Riesgraf) doesn’t have a known first name, and is a thief, cat burglar, and explosives expert. She also has an unnatural love of money, and a soft spot for Alec and children. She and Alec share the common bond of both being raised by foster parents.

img src=”http://tvseriesfinale.com/assets/spacer.gif” alt=”space” height=”15″ width=”450″ />

Series Finale:
Episode #77 — The Long Goodbye Job
The team embarks on their riskiest con yet when Nate takes a case linked to his son’s death.
First aired: December 25, 2012

What do you think? Do you like the Leverage TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

221 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jan says

Leverage has been a great show with a wonderful cast and great story lines. Too bad tnt can’t appreciate the jewel it is.

• Life Lessons says

You summed it up perfectly. I am heart broken and angry that this show was cancelled. I think another network should grab it.

2. Coco says

I am very sad to see Leverage has been canceled! There are few shows that we can all watch as a family and Leverage is one of them. My whole family makes a “date” out of watching the new Leverage every week. It always had a great plot and creative schemes. This is truly a disservice to cable tv!!! Please bring it back!!!

3. Brenda says

I am so disappointed. This is one of the most imaginative shows on the air today and the characters all work together so well. BRING IT BACK!!!!

4. says

What???!!! I can’t believe it’s ending. I’ve been a faithful watcher since the first episode. How can you cancel it. It’s the best series on TV. Please bring it back!!

5. Scs says

Way to go tnt… ******** up for canceling leverage. I wonder what the replacement will another rerun of law and order.. It some more stupid nba games. Tnt needs to decide what kind of network they want to be.. A sports, drama, rerun or original network. With the cancellation of leverage tnt WILL NoT grace my tv ANY MORE until they decide what direction they r going. I’m sic of getting interest Ed in a series and then they cancel.

6. anthony says

are you crazy, this show allows me to spend quality moments watching tv. their aren’t to many shows on tv thats interesting. this one tpos the market. BRING IT BACK.

7. Cindy says

I just became aware of Leverage this year. Since I found it, I watch every episode and rerun on tv.. It’s a great show and isn’t even beginning to get stale. Its a shame we won’t be able to watch it evolve, because it really works.

8. Bev says

We love this show and have watched it since it first aired. It is never predictable with strong characters and great plots. I’m really sad to hear it is being cancelled as we look forward to watching it. Hopefully they reconsider the plight of this great show!

9. Ronnie says

Sorry to see Leverage go. Breath of fresh air!!! Different concept than what usually is on t v, leverage you will be missed!!!!

10. Fred K says

I really enjoyed this series……i was a different idea and we all know that there are not many new ideas around today. Wish the powers that be would reconsider. Again, we know that wont happen. Too bad. Sorry to see it and a really neat cast go to waste.

11. says

Why are you cancelling such an excellent show, Leverage???? This is one of my 2 favorites. We have watched it since day one and have every DVD set made of it. There is so much similar trash on TV today, that a show like Leverage is a breath of fresh air. They are Robin Hoods for people today who cannot fight back against the crooked rich companies that really exist in our world, Yea, we know it cannot really happen, but it doesn’t hurt to dream. The rich people must have gotten to TNT. Will never watch another TNT series again. Please reconsider and give us adults something worthy of watching. Every other show on TNT pales in comparison to Leverage and really should go away also if such a good show is taken off for no apparent reason, then bad shows should go too. I have never been so upset about a TV show favorite going off as much as I am about Leverage.