Leverage

LeverageNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 77 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: December 7, 2008 — December 25, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Timothy Hutton, Christian Kane, Aldis Hodge, Gina Bellman, and Beth Riesgraf.

TV show description:
Nathan Ford (Timothy Hutton) was once a loyal fraud investigator for IYS Insurance. His point of view changed when the insurance company refused to pay for experimental treatment that could have saved his young son. Because of his intricate knowledge of scams, Nathan’s recruited by Victor Dubenich to join a team of talented criminals to “steal back” aeronautical plans that were supposedly stolen by a competitor.

When the job is completed, Dubenich tries to double-cross the team and unsuccessfully tries to blow them up. The group decides to run a con on their former employer and Dubenich ends up ruined and arrested by the FBI. When the the team is done, they form Leverage Consulting & Associates and start to help everyday people who’ve been ripped off by corrupt corporations and government agencies.

Among Nathan’s colleagues is Sophie Devereaux (Gina Bellman), a con-woman who uses her acting skills for art thievery. Ironically, though she’s very successful as an actress for the team’s scams, she has little success as a legitimate performer.

Eliot Spencer (Christian Kane) is a highly-skilled martial artist who is also a weapons and retrieval expert. He shows great proficiency with guns, yet despises them.

Alec Hardison (Aldis Hodge) is a computer hacker extraordinaire and a gadget guru. A self-proclaimed geek, he also has a penchant for science fiction. Parker (Beth Riesgraf) doesn’t have a known first name, and is a thief, cat burglar, and explosives expert. She also has an unnatural love of money, and a soft spot for Alec and children. She and Alec share the common bond of both being raised by foster parents.

img src=”http://tvseriesfinale.com/assets/spacer.gif” alt=”space” height=”15″ width=”450″ />

Series Finale:
Episode #77 — The Long Goodbye Job
The team embarks on their riskiest con yet when Nate takes a case linked to his son’s death.
First aired: December 25, 2012

What do you think? Do you like the Leverage TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

222 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Peggi says

This was the best drama on television, it should never have been cancelled. The storylines never got old, the characters and their relationships with each other were perfect, and the cast couldn’t have been any better.

2. Belinda says

Hell No it should NOT have been canceled. It was the best show on TNT and now I watch other networks. Some other network should pick it up and run with it. My favorite show for years. TNT screwed up.

3. Shafer says

So disappointed that leverage is cancelled. It is the only commercial show I watch. Leverage was clever and fun entertainment. My hope is that some other network picks it up!

4. Tim Ebersole says

Can’t believe that this was cancelled. We loved this series and thought it deserved another year or two – it was going great.

5. Amy P says

We’re really sad and upset that TNT cancelled Leverage. I bet they think Dallas will make up for it, but for those of us who didn’t like it the first time, we still don’t. Then with the death of Larry Hagman, GOOD LUCK!

Here’s hoping a smarter network will pick them up! I guess it’s time to switch channels.

I’ll be watching for the series to rise some where else.

6. Patty Gilbert says

I have watched this show from day one, It is my favorite show, the characters are great and they picked the perfect actors to play them. The story lines were always really good and it is nice to watch a show that made you feel good and see the good guys win out in the end, Like they say sometimes you need to be a bad guy to be a good guy. I hope TNT quickly realizes they made a big mistake in cancelling this show and will bring it back next season.

7. Lynn pace says

Are you kidding me…they couldn’t have put a better team together if they tried. I love the show and wanted it to go on forever. there is so much that could still be done especially with the black book in their hands. Please think of something. I love those people..

8. Charmaine says

I have been watching Leverage since day 1. I love this show. The plots were great and I really enjoyed the camaraderie between the characters. I hope they change their minds and bring it back.

9. Barbara Davis says

Why would TNT cancel Leverage? I loved that show and watched it faithfully. It was one of the best shows on TV. Hopefully another channel will pick it up and TNT will have egg on it’s face.

10. gary robertson says

Why why why it was one of the best shows out there.they always cancel the good ones what a shame just goes to show they never give the people what they want

11. Suzy Burdick says

I discovered this show in October 2012 and have been watching it ever since. I love it because it is so well written and well acted with no real violence. I was looking forward to new shows in January 2013 and was so disappointed to see that it was canceelled. I hope there is enough positive response to bring it back. It reminds me of the old Mission Impossibled shows. I will probably be looking for the DVD’s of the series.

12. GLJ says

I think the cancellation of Leaverage was one of the biggest “boo boo’s” of the year. On The People’s Choice Awards tonight it won favorite tv cable drama. I guess the people don’t matter anymore. We are just the people who determine a show’s rating. Guess the person responsible for this glich will hear more about it. It is not too late to undo the disgusting decision. TNT shouldn’t be afraid to admit it made a mistake…The cast was great and the plots were good. Please give us back something to watch rather than all the reality crap and animated garbage…

• Lynn pace says

I totally agree. something could become of it with a couple of new characters that have been on the show as helpers like the girl in the pub…would be sooo cool.

13. Perry Osmer says

Leverage is bar none one of the best shows ever produced. TNT should be cancelled. Another channel should pick it up and quick. It’s a winner.