Leverage

LeverageNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 77 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: December 7, 2008 – December 25, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Timothy Hutton, Christian Kane, Aldis Hodge, Gina Bellman, and Beth Riesgraf.

current TV show

TV show description:
Nathan Ford (Timothy Hutton) was once a loyal fraud investigator for IYS Insurance. His point of view changed when the insurance company refused to pay for experimental treatment that could have saved his young son. Because of his intricate knowledge of scams, Nathan’s recruited by Victor Dubenich to join a team of talented criminals to “steal back” aeronautical plans that were supposedly stolen by a competitor.

When the job is completed, Dubenich tries to double-cross the team and unsuccessfully tries to blow them up. The group decides to run a con on their former employer and Dubenich ends up ruined and arrested by the FBI. When the the team is done, they form Leverage Consulting & Associates and start to help everyday people who’ve been ripped off by corrupt corporations and government agencies.

Among Nathan’s colleagues is Sophie Devereaux (Gina Bellman), a con-woman who uses her acting skills for art thievery. Ironically, though she’s very successful as an actress for the team’s scams, she has little success as a legitimate performer.

Eliot Spencer (Christian Kane) is a highly-skilled martial artist who is also a weapons and retrieval expert. He shows great proficiency with guns, yet despises them.

Alec Hardison (Aldis Hodge) is a computer hacker extraordinaire and a gadget guru. A self-proclaimed geek, he also has a penchant for science fiction. Parker (Beth Riesgraf) doesn’t have a known first name, and is a thief, cat burglar, and explosives expert. She also has an unnatural love of money, and a soft spot for Alec and children. She and Alec share the common bond of both being raised by foster parents.

img src=”http://tvseriesfinale.com/assets/spacer.gif” alt=”space” height=”15″ width=”450″ />

Series Finale

Episode #77 — The Long Goodbye Job
The team embarks on their riskiest con yet when Nate takes a case linked to his son’s death.
First aired: December 25, 2012

space
What do you think? Do you like the Leverage TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Moopsie July 22, 2013 at 6:28 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO! Don’t cancel! This is one of my favorite shows. Who had the ridiculous idea to cancel this show? Now what am I suppose to watch?

martin July 8, 2013 at 2:37 pm

PLEASE bring back LEVERAGE. They made an evening of t.v. watching enjoyable.

Victoria July 7, 2013 at 1:09 am

Please, oh pls, bring Leverage back. It was the last remaining show with intelligence and wit, real story telling, great suspense, without the techno flash /and screeching music the media is waaaaay into these days. I am now down to 5 shows on tv that I enjoy, but Leverage was above and beyond the others. Why oh, why did it end, when there is obviously such a large following. I just don’t understand the media anymore. I spent most my time on those few I like, watching rerun after rerun, but there still better even after the 5th time, then the rest of the trash, brain dead stuff and marketing.

jUDY June 26, 2013 at 12:49 am

I loved this show, loved Elliot!!! bring it back

Michelle June 11, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Bring it back!!!! Please!!!!

Priscilla May 31, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I love the show . It was awesome . Bring it back.

donna coviello May 30, 2013 at 10:11 am

Bunch of damn, idiotic, low IQ, shameless, absurd, asshole “suits” made the most vile, incomprehensible, illogical decision of all time by cancelling “Leverage”. And what type of programming do they use to replace a finely written, outstandingly acted show ? What passes for “reality” – shows that anyone with the brain of a cranberry understand, get into and, in general, bring the standards of TV down even lower. You all should give this more thought – unless, it is as I suspect, you, too, have the mentality of a cranberry You should be ashamed of yourselves, but then again you are emotionless and will do anything for a buck, won’t you ?

John May 26, 2013 at 6:27 pm

This was one of the best series in recent memory. Th characters were sharply drawn, the plots were fast moving, and the dialogue was bright and interesting…as opposed to the modern trend of talking down to the viewing public and assuming we all have juvenile senses of humor. And the best part? It didn’t rely on blood and gore to keep our interest, but on integrity, righting wrongs, and human relationships. What a loss!

J thomas May 17, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I always looked forward to Leverage coming back on. All th characters were great!

Katt L May 6, 2013 at 4:00 pm

RENEWED!!!!!!!!

Sharon May 4, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I think FOX or whoever has made a huge mistake cancelling this series, I was a die hard f’an of the British series this was derived from and at first thought it could not be bettered. I can across ‘Leverage’ by chance and I have to admit it is a credit to the producers, apart from one episode I have seen which was bordering silly the rest have been brilliant, including the characters and how their personalities and relationships have developed. I read this show was the highest rating series watched by countries other than America, surely with ratings dropping at home this is still an award to be proud of.

Someone has made a huge mistake cancelling this show and shall be very sorry to see it go. I hope that someone in power or another network takes on this clever show before it’s too late.

karen roberts May 11, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I fell in love with leverage a modern day Robin Hood for old and young alike. There aren’t many good shows on that aren’t paid programs. When you are stuck at home it is nice to have something decent to watch. BRING IT BACK. PLEASE!

Betty Ammerman April 7, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I can not believe LEVERAGE is cancelled I watched every week, and reruns too. This was the best show on TV in years. GREAT CAST everyone played characters to perfection, loved them all. GREAT story lines and lots of action. BIG MISTAKE BIG! BRING IT BACK

Anonymous March 29, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I think Leverage should have been continued.

Lisa March 29, 2013 at 1:39 am

Can NOT believe Leverage was canceled!! One of the best shows in the last ten years. Loved the team, loved the character growth of each of them…love, love, LOVED Timothy Hutton. So disappointed!! :o/

B-Hunter7 March 28, 2013 at 6:26 am

I just want to say that I had no idea that Leverage was cancelled until I read it a few moments ago. I am terribly sad. Out of all the shows on, even the premium channels, none compared to “The Team”. Cast was and still is (I’m sure) awesome. It had perfect balance, of action and drama, comedy and mystery. TNT… You have to be some Dumb-A$$$$ people to cancel a show like this. I mean an academy nominated actor and not one but two professional musicians and one amazing acrobat. I sure hope there is a smarter net work then TNT out there. The Closer, Southland, Dallas, law and Crappy Order and the rest of the junk the play. Oh, and don’t for get a out all the reruns of The Closer, Law and Crappy Order and the Shit list keeps rolling down hill. Thanks to all the Leverage cast. You all will be missed. I will pray for you all that work comes to you soon, and often. Your biggest fan. BH.