46 Ending or Cancelled TV Shows for the 2013-14 Season

canceled-tv-shows-2013-14Recent additions: Trisha (syndicated), The Test (syndicated), Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC), Mind Games (ABC), The Boondocks (Adult Swim), Raising Hope (FOX), Judge Alex (syndicated), The Kudlow Report (CNBC), Being Human (Syfy), America Now (syndicated), Piers Morgan Live (CNN), Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime), The X Factor (FOX), Psych (USA), and Showbiz Tonight (HLN).

Each television season brings lots of different kinds of TV shows but there’s one thing that remains a constant — most of them will end up being cancelled.

Below is the list of TV series that aired or were expected to air during the 2013-14 season (roughly September 2013 to August 2014) and won’t be back for 2014-15.

If you don’t see a particular show on this list, it might be on the list for the 2012-13 season. You can find that one here.

This list will be updated as the season progresses so feel free to bookmark and check back. If I’ve missed something, please let me know.

America Now (syndicated)
Hosted by Leeza Gibbons and Bill Rancic, this lifestyles program won’t be back for a fifth season.

ANT Farm (Disney)
One of the lead actors announced that season three will be the end of the Disney Channel sitcom.

Back in the Game (ABC)
The alphabet network has decided to cancel the Maggie Lawson sitcom after 13 episodes.

Being Human (Syfy)
The UK version ended in 2013 after five seasons. The US version has been cancelled after four years.

Bethenny (syndicated)
The talk show struggled in the ratings and many affiliate stations didn’t want a second season.

The Boondocks (Adult Swim)
It’s been decided that the fourth season is the animated show’s last.

Californication (Showtime)
It’s been decided that the seventh season of this David Duchovny TV series will be the end.

Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime)
The series was cancelled after four seasons but was later resurrected. The decision has been made to end it again, after six seasons.

Eastbound & Down (HBO)
The fourth season is the end of Kenny Powers’ story.

Good Luck Charlie (Disney Channel)
The house of mouse has decided that the series should end with season four.

Hello Ladies (HBO)
There won’t be a second season of this low-rated series but the cable channel intends to wrap up the show with a special.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
Future Ted’s poor kids will finally be able to get off the couch. Talk about child abuse!

Ironside (NBC)
Raymond Burr’s original series lasted seven seasons but this remake was cancelled after three episodes.

Judge Alex (syndicated)
The venerable court series has been cancelled after nine years on the air. New episodes air through August 2014.

The Kudlow Report (CNBC)
The cable series is over after five years but host Larry Kudlow is staying on CNBC.

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC)
This show ended so that Fallon could take over the Tonight Show from Jay Leno.

Less Than Kind (DirecTV )
The fourth season of this Canadian drama is the show’s last. There are 48 episodes.

Low Winter Sun (AMC)
The drama started out well but viewership dropped each week. Once it didn’t have Breaking Bad as a lead-in, the numbers got even worse. It’s been cancelled.

Lucky 7 (ABC)
The show was unlucky in the ratings and the network cancelled it after two episodes. It’s the first show of the network season to be cancelled.

Mind Games (ABC)
It’s another cancellation for Christian Slater and another ratings disappoinntment for ABC in the Tuesdays at 10pm timeslot.

Mob City (TNT)
The ratings weren’t strong enough for the cable channel to order a second season but they want to stay in business with Frank Darabont.

Murder Police (FOX)
The network ordered this animated series but cancelled it before it was completed. The studio may complete the series and shop it elsewhere.

Nikita (The CW)
The action series survived for three years — despite poor ratings. The network decided to end it with season four.

Nikki & Sara Live (MTV)
The late-night series has been dropped after two seasons. The last episode aired October 29, 2013.

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC)
The ratings for this spin-off were certainly not “wonderful,” even from the start. The network decided to end the show after 13 episodes.

Piers Morgan Live (CNN)
After three years, the weeknight interview program has been cancelled by the cable news channel.

Psych (USA)
After eight seasons and 121 episodes, it’s the end of the road for best buddies.

Raising Hope (FOX)
It’s time to say farewell to the Chance family after four seasons.

Ravenswood (ABC Family)
Pretty Little Liars is a big hit for the cable channel but this spin-off didn’t catch on.

Reed Between the Lines (BET)
Star Tracee Ellis Ross left after one season so the show was reworked for season two. The show was later cancelled and it’s unclear when/if the second season will air.

Sean Saves the World (NBC)
The peacock network shut down production on the low-rated sitcom, cut the episode order and cancelled it.

Showbiz Tonight (HLN)
The entertainment news program has been cancelled a couple weeks short of its ninth birthday.

Teen Mom 3 (MTV)
This incarnation of the Teen Mom franchise only lasted one season and 14 episodes.

The Test (syndicated)
A conflict resolution talk show, The Test has been cancelled after one season on the air.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC)
The network has chosen to replace Leno as host for the second time. His final show is February 4, 2014.

Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell (FXX)
The new cable channel handed down its first cancellation notice to this late-night talker.

Treme (HBO)
The cable channel announced that David Simon’s low-rated New Orleans series would end with season four.

Trisha (syndicated)
There won’t be a third season of Trisha Goddard’s talk show.

True Blood (HBO)
Vampires may live forever but this popular cable show ends with season seven.

Up Late with Alec Baldwin (MSNBC)
The cable channel’s first interview show lasted just five episodes.

Us & Them (FOX)
The network reportedly didn’t feel the tone of this romantic comedy would fit with their other sitcoms. They shut down production and told the cast they could look for other work. The produced episodes may air.

Warehouse 13 (Syfy)
In May 2013, the cable channel announced that they were renewing the series for a fifth but final season of six episodes.

We Are Men (CBS)
The network has high expectations for their sitcoms and this one premiered poorly. When the second episode did even worse, that was enough.

Welcome to the Family (NBC)
This sitcom drew poor ratings from the start and is no longer welcome in the NBC family.

Wilfred (FXX)
Ryan and his big canine pal are moving to FXX for the fourth and final season.

The X Factor (FOX)
Simon Cowell has decided to return to the UK version and FOX says there’s no US show without him. The ratings for season three were also pretty awful.

Note: Single Ladies has been removed because it’s been revived by Centric. Last Call with Carson Daly has been removed from the list because, at least for now, NBC has decided to keep it going with Daly as host. The Michael J. Fox Show has also been removed because NBC maintains it’s not cancelled. Unless there’s a ratings miracle, it will be. Ripper Street has been removed because it was cancelled after two seasons but was later revived.

What do you think? Have any of your favorite shows been cancelled? Which ones are you sorry to see end?

leo-ne louw April 19, 2014 at 8:45 am

you are stupid for cancelling good shows like kyle xy and more what are we sepose to whacht now because I don’t like reality shows I hope you get the massege

Penny Roca April 18, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I’m hoping that Parenthood doesn’t get cancelled it’s a very good show. They really get into real life stuff and that helps a lot of people if they are going through the same thing plus it makes you laugh. The actors in the show are fantastic they couldn’t of found a better cast. Please don’t cancel this show. There isn’t that many good quality shows out there. Sitcoms are ok but the shows like Chicago and Chicago PD and Parenthood and Grey’s Anatomy and NCIS and CSI and the Good Wife. Anyway keep these shows
on.

Ashley Bell April 13, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I love many TV series but none of these cancellations bother or surprise me one bit. I am anxious about many “on the bubble” shows, though. I wish we had at least the major networks’ final 2014 cancellations list already — the wait is torture!

Alicia April 12, 2014 at 8:07 am

Truly disappointed that Mind Games is being cancelled. It is brilliantly written and excellent acting! It is so different than all the other shows that are on TV right now. So tired of the reality shows and cop/crime shows. I stumbled upon this show though and I watch ABC all the time. I don’t think they promoted the show enough, too bad they couldn’t try a different time slot before cancelling.

Judi D April 12, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I agree that the show had a lot of potential!! The trigger finger was too quick here without thinking it thru. Yet they keep dumb a** shows that have no plot or thought into them. They should re-consider this one!

HD April 10, 2014 at 10:10 pm

How’s “Right This Minute” doing? After all, HLN dropped it from their primetime after a few weeks, and in syndication, it’s on at late hours(basically dead time slots after midnight)

Cherie April 7, 2014 at 7:57 am

I loved Sean Saves the World, and will miss it! He is one of my favorite actors!

Judi D April 12, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I think Sean Hayes is very talented as an actor and writer and director (he works on Grimm I believe) but this show was FUNNY! I agree that it was well written and humorous. Sad to see it go =(

Amanda April 3, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Sure hope the powers that be get the message from all the previous posts and this one. WE HATE REALITY SHOWS! We get reality all day long. I am stunned by the cancellations too. I liked Copper, and Warehouse 13, Mind Games was a bit over the top anxiety provoking and frenetic for me, but I watched Steve Zahn and Christian Slater hoping to get into it. I loved Vegas with Chiklas and Quaid and was very upset that it was not deemed worthy to continue.

Angel H April 3, 2014 at 2:35 am

Absolutely baffled by the cancellation of “Mind Games!” It’s as if they intentionally bury fresh, intelligent programming like this. I don’t watch traditional TV, but have seen numerous posts complaining that this (and a few other above par series), received little to no publicity or advertising support from their networks. A show like “Mind Games,” is not for everyone. The brilliant, bipolar brother of Slater’s character was wildly misunderstood. While many viewers somehow missed the fact that the character is/was bipolar; others somehow thought his illness was being played for comedic value. This was actually a major complaint controversy!?!?! Simple promotion could have quelled that in addition to letting people know that despite the title, this wasn’t yet another in a decade’s long string of the cop/investigator/F.B.I. agent’s sidekick (or P.I.), with a supernatural “gift,” shows. ABC: Alienating & driving away the potential core audience of nearly any type of series with astoundingly idiotic, misleading titles; assuring they’ll never seek the show out… Unless, it somehow becomes wildly popular in spite of ABC.

dm April 11, 2014 at 10:26 am

I could barely get through the first episode because of the totally manic, screaming portrayal of the bi-polar…I know a couple of people with bi-polar and they only time they act like that is when they are ready to crash…sorry, it completely destroyed the entertainment value for me.

Trina April 2, 2014 at 11:37 pm

So very SAD to see Raising Hope on the cancellation list. I LOVE that show…

Barb March 20, 2014 at 6:48 pm

As usual the networks have elected to cancel quality programming in lieu of crap programming. Let’s face it all the good shows that we really liked like copper, the glades, the killing, Nikita, Drop Dead Diva, The Mentalist, etc are dropped in favor of stupid reality shows that no one wants to watch. I have not ever watched a reality show. & I never will. the only what could be considered a reality show that I’ve watched was American Idol and this year it is so bad I’m not even watching that this year . so TV programmers ,writers whoever you are , why don’t you take a lesson and learn . America wants quality TV we want to escape from reality like the other people said. we have to pay bills and rent and struggle every month, and so for an hour , to be able to escape is what we want to do. we don’t want to be faced with some stupid reality show that is so badly filmed and edited that it’s disgusting. You guys might want to think too of trying a more conservative point of view too instead of bringing all your shows in from the left point of view , because there are a lot of us conservativese out here who watch TV. and you know what ?? we’re getting sick of the liberal slant on every TV show out here!!! so you might want to take a lesson because you’re going to keep losing viewers if you don’t.

sondra March 21, 2014 at 7:59 am

to the woman who said menatalist was cancelled its not we just commented on how they changed it for the worst,i loved simon bakers other shoe the gaurdian but that was cancelled hes a great actor who gets the short stick because the changes to his show now could cause him to be cancelled

Anonymous March 30, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I whole-heartedly agree with Barb*… and, I would like to add My 5-cents..- Fox & ABC (& CBS, plus most* of the cable tv industry) are steadily screwing the pooch when it comes to choosing which programs to keep and which to dump. Whatever criteria “fox” (a “wily, cunning creature”..??) is using, or whoever* is in charge of the program selection/choices*, seems to be on some sort of hormone roller-coaster.. but he/she isn’t the Only one* (dumping RaisingHope = BAD Idea*). CBS dumping Mentalist.. ‘RedJohn’ CAN’T be the ONLY storyline the writers can think of..!! (I would hope* not, & if they Can’t come up with viewer-catching stories, dump Them*!). Stop being assinine and throwing the baby out with the bathwater!
I too was getting into TheGlades when some d-h at a&e decided to pull it. The so-called reality shows like “american idol” are nothing more than a collaboration between the producers and which cell-phone service provider they want to use that year to stimulate “minute-usage” via the “America’s Vote”… what a scam*! If it weren’t for the money “shared” in the contract agreement, “Idol” would get dumped. There is no way it’s getting enough viewers (with what it’s up against on Tue*/Wed nites..) & we All know it’s ALL about the $$*.
Look.. I don’t even pretend to “know” what all goes on behind closed doors to keep programs On/Off “the air”.. but it seems to have Nothing (or very little*) to do with a show’s quality or* viewership. .. so just tell us the Truth (if you are Capable of that..)
… did someone ask for too much $$ to come back..?
… or, was it a particular programmers* (A&E, CBS, ‘Fox’, CNN.. etc) corporate “elite” needed more money for His/Her ..retirement.. (would say ‘nest egg’, but in these people’s lives, it’s more like an entire chicken ranch)?
… Or, wanted the money to hire some Other ‘corporate’ person?

I realize things get So Complicated in the corporate think-tank stratosphere that (just sometimes*) you forget that you have actual people Watching* what you have put out there. ..But* you Have to remember that you shouldn’t just yank shows off the air without a GOOD* reason (the word “good” is to be interpreted in it’s truest form, and not just because you have the power to do so*, or because ‘You’ think it’s a “Good idea”).
Do Not Cancel Raising Hope, please..! Nor the Mentalist*… kick the writers* in the butt and make them come up with a decent STORYLINE!!
I will have to read further into the list to see how many Other poor (or ‘super-bad’) choices it would appear you folks are making, but I had to stop and respond for these 2 immediately..!!

Art April 8, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Have you watched “Elementary”? Unless you’re watching The Mentalist for Simon Baker, Elementary is a far better show based on roughly the same premise. Frankly, I watched the first 2 seasons of The Mentalist and tried watching season 3, but when it would appear on my DVR, it would just stay there, as I found I’d stopped looking forward to it. I’m sorry you’re losing shows you like, but don’t think you’re alone. Revolution has been my favorite “full season” show over the last 2 years, and it’s likely getting cancelled, as is Being Human. Now, I don’t agree with you and Barb that ALL reality shows are bad. I adore Survivor, Kitchen Nightmares, Masterchef, and Hell’s Kitchen, along with Bar Rescue, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and The Ultimate Fighter, probably just about in that order, or at least close, but agree with you re: Idol, and all the other copycats, let alone the scripted “reality shows” like Bachelor(ette), Real Housewives, Bad Girls, Hardcore Pawn, and the like. FWIW, Idol was originally created by Simon Cowell to sell records. I think it’s hysterical Ryan Murphy put together Glee and through Glee has sold more records than all of the Idol competitors (IOW, not JUST the winners) combined. We may not share the same taste in shows, but we’re both losing shows we like, probably to yet another Cop and/or hospital show and/or reality show, so please know I sympathize.

Judi D April 12, 2014 at 6:22 pm

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reality shows are a waste of time space and money. Keep the decent shows and give them a fighting chance to improve themselves. Chemistry builds and talents grow over time…

sondra March 15, 2014 at 8:49 am

i’m tires of good shows being cancelled like copper on bbc the glades on a and e only to keep reality crap on when will networks learn us workin folks dont want reality we want to escape or reality of stuggling to pay bills and rent so we can just live and enjoy a half hour to an hour of a show that rips our reality away thats our enjoyment no duck dynasty crap or bachlor/bachlorette,storage wars etc give me river monsters,longmire,haven,bones,criminal minds etc and bring back The Glades

Jessica March 16, 2014 at 12:46 am

Matt Passmore did not want to renew his contract therefore ending it’s run fyi.

Denise March 13, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Sean Saves the World and Raising Hope, two of my favorites taken off!!! So sad!!! Love Cloris Leachman, she had me in stitches on Raising Hope!! Sean Hayes has been a favorite of mine since Will and Grace!!! Not happy. Instead they”ll probably replace them with stinkin reality shows. So sick of those!!!

Jackie March 13, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I try to not get interested in the new shows, cause if I like them they will be cancelled! I got burned with “The Glades”, it was in its 4th season and had, I thought, good ratings.

Art April 8, 2014 at 1:44 pm

“Being Human” is the only show up there which really hurts, and I hear the chances for Revolution are not too good, and that would ROYALLY suck, as that would make one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite “full season” show on television today. I guess I should be happy Being Human made it 4 seasons since, in watching lots of TV (the majority via DVR), I’ve only seen maybe 1 or 2 commercials in 4 seasons for the show. It’s hard for a show like that to succeed when the network is pushing crap like celebrity ghost stories (how is that sci-fi?).